2024 SSN ROUND 7

2024 SSN ROUND 72024-05-24T16:09:15+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Sam Wallace-Joseph is on for the second half.

To say this game is scrappy would be an understatement. But you can’t take your eyes off it for a moment. Tbirds 27-24

Swifts1
      Participant

This game is displeasing to me ????

StatsNerd21
        Participant

So glad this wasn’t the grand final… a bit of an embarrassing game, especially for Swifts. Wilson left the court, did anyone see what happened? Think it was blood rule or injury or something.

3/4 time: Tbirds 41-28

The Tbirds’ defence has completely worn down the Swifts’ attack and now their attack is taking advantage. Swifts had TWELVE turnovers in that Q!

Gains: THU 19-9
            Turnovers: SWI 21-19
            Penalties: SWI 60-33

StatsNerd21
            Participant

I actually want to cry on behalf of netball after watching that…
              Horrendous by the Swifts. You can’t put all that down to Proud’s absence, or to only the Thunderbirds’ defence.

I’m sure Swifts will put out a much better showing next week, and loved the foot-on-throat mentality from the Tbirds that we don’t often see!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by StatsNerd21.
              Guyza
              Participant

Sheeesh that was rough from Swifts. Don’t seem them ousting Lightning for the final spot in the top four if Fever/Vixens/T’Birds are locks.

Klau and Turner combined for the same amount of turnovers as the entire T’Birds team.

Full time: Tbirds 58-33

What an incredible match. 70 possession changes! It’s easy to forget Swifts led at 1/4 time. Since then, they have just fallen apart, scoring just 20 goals in the last 3 Qs. POTM Latanya Wilson was just everywhere.

MissedShot
                  Participant

Concerning for Swifts that Wallace-Joseph is not 100%. Not a great night for Housby either.

Swifts1
                    Participant

What an omnishambles. The only thing that could be worse is someone doing their ACL. Well done Tbirds.

Helen Housby is currently on 1,999 SSN goals. She only needed 9 goals tonight to reach the 2,000 mark, but finished with 8/14 at just 57%. It was an unhappy night for her and the Swifts team which ended with the lowest ever score in SSN.

netballgirl
                        Participant

Hadley or Smith poked Latanya’s eye out.

Does anyone know where we can find overall team stats for the season so far?

It looks like this year SS aren’t what win you games, but defensive pressure and a strong 1 goal game is what is.

I’ll probably be posting some stats after this round because it’s the halfway mark.

The finger in Wilson’s eye was totally accidental.

TB
                            Participant

I feel like Housby is missing Romelda Aiken George. She could go to the post so confidently knowing she had one of the best rebounders in the league.
                              I understand loyalty, but I wouldn’t have let her go. In fairness to Swifts, I don’t know if they had a choice?

sarahk90
                              Participant

I think SWJ is only signed for one year. Do you think they’ll back her in for another after this?

It’s like she was never out. First game back and Maddie Hay has started brilliantly. 7 assists in just 9 minutes as Giants go out to a lead of 13-8.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top