2024 Test Series – Australia v England (September)

2024 Test Series – Australia v England (September)2024-07-21T18:42:12+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Totally agree D-fencr- would love Austin in WA and Dwyer/Koenen in GA for a quarter!

Although Austin must be exhausted after playing every minute, so maybe Hadley in WA. Didn’t even chase after her last rebound despite it directly in line to her hands.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by StatsNerd21.
      D-fencr
      Participant

You’d think they would have learnt by now that they can pop the passes over Williams but not Fadoju.

StatsNerd21
        Participant

Price is just the queen of the circle edge intercept- two in this game alone and a great one in the first test! She’s in some incredible form- I haven’t always been a fan, but after missing CWG selection she’s become so much more disciplined and it’s made her an even more outstanding player. Certainly a fan now!

StatsNerd21
          Participant

SHOOT THE BALL DIAMONDS.
            They’ve both proven they can shoot long- is Kip tired? Is Garbin fearful of Fadoju’s arms?

And of course as soon as I praise JLP’s discipline, she gets reprimanded for intentional delay and it gets brought up. And then a warning for retaliation! That’s just silly from such an experienced player, but English debutant Jess Shaw could well have been cautioned for contact with intention to delay.

D-fencr
            Participant

Feel for Price at the end there, they were both giving it to each other and Price did have the ball.

tina_138
              Participant

A warning to both would have been better…

NB12
                Participant

Terrible call. Shaw clearly delaying play and intentional contact.

But, Price is the experienced player and needs to play to the umpire, not the debutant.

benmac4
                  Participant

Super dissapointing end to that half from price

She’s clearly shown the difference she makes and her value to the diamonds she is a top tier player but those types of moves are so unnecessary

1/2 time: AUS 30-24

Garbin 16/18 (89%)
                      Austin 14/16 (88%)

Tchine 16/17 (94%)
                      Housby 8/9 (89%)

Gains: AUS 6-3
                      Penalties: ENG 32-26
                      Turnovers: ENG 11-8

At times in the 2nd quarter, the Diamonds threatened to run away with it, but Roses scored 4 of the last 5 goals.

StatsNerd21
                      Participant

Agree with exactly what you said everyone. And my bad, cautions don’t exist anymore- it was a warning.

NB12
                        Participant

I would actually take JLP off for at least a quarter, more to make her learn from this than being worried she will be sent off.

Flb
                          Participant

I think umpires watch for Price and the timing with the delay moments before didn’t help her prospects. Watching the replay I thought JLP was a bit hard done by. Shaw was basically on top of her. Also agree her circle edge intercepts were excellent and her shut down defence is allowing Aryang and Klau to perform.

That last pass to Garbin has been terrible. Often asking too much of Garbin or just mistimed.

NB12
                            Participant

Yep, and now Price will be a target for players coming on to immediately get under her skin because she will react.

An incredible first half for Jamie-Lee Price who’s been playing very well at wing defence, but she has received a warning just before half time. AUS 33-27

D-fencr
                                Participant

Yes I think umpires already know to watch her. She’s an athletic/intimidating player.

I don’t mind that they’ve left her out there, hopefully she can learn from it and play to the whistle.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top