2024 Test Series – Australia v England (September)

2024 Test Series – Australia v England (September)2024-07-21T18:42:12+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I really hope Ervin & Horjus still get selected for con cup, I’ll be so disappointed for them to be selected for this series then not debut at all this year.

thunder123
      Participant

Disappointed but not surprised.
        IMO Ellis hasn’t proven herself, so I would’ve given the opportunity to Ervin.
        Similarly to Koenan, she didn’t have the same impact on Sunday, but don’t t think you’d take 1 GS and 3 GAs.
        Dwyer hasn’t stepped foot on the court, so why not add Horjus to the game day 12.

Flb
        Participant

I was surprised that Garbin was brought on in the second test, the game was quite even and it was worth seeing where it could go and whether they could find a way to get on top. There were actually some good passages of attack towards the end of the second quarter.
          It will be interesting to (hopefully) see Dwyer take the court after a lackluster domestic season. The reliance on Austin alone is of concern.

I’m excited for the game tonight. Great challenges for both sides.

TB
          Participant

I’m really surprised not to see Horjus included. I would have thought introducing her against England would be better than against NZ (if she’s selected). Not to say that she will do well against the Ferns, but England play a similar style to what she’d be use to.

NB12
              Participant

I guess we aren’t privy to the training environment.

SM just may not think they are quite ready above the players that have been selected in the 12. It would be a tough balance to leave players out to expose others, and look what happened with JLP left out.

To then leave out Dwyer to include Horjus would probably be quite detrimental to Dwyer. The benefit of being exposed to the team environment alone would be enormous for Ervin and Horjus.

Parmenter probably doing a bit of her own soul searching right now.

Flb
                Participant

Short of injury, retirements, unavailability, or big drops in the form of others, it is hard to see a place for Parmenter in the Diamonds.

netballmum
                  Participant

Cath Cox appears to supporting the Roses tonight – wearing a bright red power suit. Just about the only red in the stadium 😂😂😂😂

museboy
                    Participant

Wouldn’t surprise me to see the Diamonds win this by 15 or so

StatsNerd21
                      Participant

I’d love a comfortable win but I’m not expecting one- JLP is worth a margin of 5 more goals in the Diamonds’ favour, but if the Roses attack can replicate that performance and Klau refuses to stay in the circle, it could be close.

tasman
                        Participant

Shame about Horjus and Ervin but you have to earn your test caps and like said above, we don’t know what they are like at training. They are probably not playing well enough to break in to that top 4 spot of attackers/defenders within the diamonds environment. Tbh, the 15 player squad is a double edged sword. Nice to have access to more people but the psychological impact of being in that game day 12, then being dropped again is not great. I think this system benefits coaches but not necessarily players. I think it’s better to feel that security of knowing you’re in the 12, and even if you have an off game, you know you can come back strong and focus on your training, rather than the constant anxiety of are you gonna get dropped for game 2 or game 3 if you underperform. But hard to argue this system when Australia holds every trophie in netball!

StatsNerd21
                          Participant

Diamonds have been struggling to find an option on centre pass this whole series. It’s not Austin and Watson fighting anymore- it’s like neither of them want it! Definitely something to work on because the zone will eat them up against NZ.

Netballfan1
                            Participant

The roses uniform looks very uncomfortable and poor fitting

D-fencr
                              Participant

JLP’s pressure already making a big difference in WD this game, as we all thought. But it’s not clicking as well in attack for Australia over into thr goal third. Dare I say it would be good to see someone else have a crack at WA?

1/4 time: AUS 16-13

Garbin 7/9 (78%)
                                  Austin 9/10 (90%)

Tchine 9/9 (100%)
                                  Housby 4/4 (100%)

Gains: AUS 4-2
                                  Penalties: ENG 15-14
                                  Turnovers: ENG 6-4

Great intensity. Defences putting great pressure on. Diamonds in front with two less turnovers, but Roses right in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 193 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top