2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2024-07-24T12:41:03+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Listening to the Inside Netball podcast (with Jenny Woods, Anna Stanley and Adine Wilson).

Their comments:
      – Apparently Stars and Steel have reached out to Donnell Wallam.
      – Apparently Netball NZ has turned down ‘a few exemptions’ for players to go to the SSN. No mention of names.

Swifts4Life
      Participant

Tania obst signing for 3 more years

Tully
          Participant

It’s a shame Orr is heading overseas to play but hopefully she is able to come back in a year or two as a more complete player. Hopefully can focus on WD and C where is she comfortable and at her best.

This is a loss for TBirds but they have done very well to hold on to so much young talent in recent years. They will lose some.

TBirds have loads of WA options they could look at; Browne, Crampton or even Sinclair who can play WA and would give them super shot power which was about all they lacked this year.

TB
            Participant

@Tully I didn’t even think of Sinclair going to Tbirds. It could be a great move. Horjus can stay in WA (although I do like her at GA) with Sinclair and Frew sharing GA. Sinclair will be the point of difference, which is what Horjus was this year.
              The amount of times I heard comments this year, that they need a Horjus in both WA and GA. Having Sinclair will be exactly (or close to) that.

sarahk90
              Participant

Personally I’d prefer Tbirds began developing another WA instead of bringing someone in who’s nearing the end of their career. I think their current midcourt have enough experience now to carry someone fresh and help them grow

netballgirl
                Participant

I really want to see Nyah Allen get a chance, it was unfortunate she missed out at Collingwood because of her surgery.
                  She has super shot taken and is a south Australian pathway player.

Natalie Porter
                    Participant

They have signed Isabelle Shearer as their GK, Ervin is contracted with Lightning till 2026

Tully
                        Participant

Interesting. I truly believe MJ signed a multi year contract, which could explain the transition to an off court role, as part of an agreement with the club which I assume has been established to ensure accordance with visa requirements.

Tully
                          Participant

For those who didn’t read the article in full Vixens will announce their squad in the coming days.

Although with the exception of the shooting spot and who is the RP for Mannix it will be quite predictable.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Tully.
                            TB
                            Participant

I can’t see it happening, but I am a Rahni Samason fan. As a fan I’d love to see her back at Vixens as the third shooter.
                              At Stars got no court time, she did not look like she was in shape. A preseason back at Vixens will help fix all that. I understand she’s injury prone, so it’ll probably be a long shot 😉

Tully
                              Participant

It was Samason’s choice to leave Vixens. Vixens won’t go back to Samason. Graham is younger, more versatile and also has a beautiful shot with range. They also have Andrew who is a taller target and is improving the range on her shot.

Swifts4Life
                                Participant

I think that anyone with a target is what the vixens need
                                  it is clear that after the grand final they struggled to find garbin and she barely got any shots.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 364 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top