2020 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – LIGHTNING v FEVER

2020 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – LIGHTNING v FEVER2020-10-12T17:16:50+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: Fever 39-23

Koenen 12/12 (100%)
      Wood 7/11 (64%) 2/5 (40%)

Fowler 28/28 (100%)
      Teague-Neeld 5/9 (56%) 3/3 (100%)

This is a total demolition. Fever is outplaying Lightning in every single part of the game. I know she cops flak but seriously, Bruce is a fantastic player

Jbss
      Participant

Very interesting chat with umpires and Langman. I’ve always found Francis unnecessarily physical and Charles often gets away with intimidation and contact in attack. Often the focus is on Bruce but I think those two are Fevers worst offenders.
        I’m very impressed with ATN, she looks willing to shoot the game out, unlucky that Fowler hasn’t been there for all rebounds but she can’t be expected to be superhuman all the time.

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

Half time chats:
          Langman having a tense conversation with the umpires about lack of advantage and contact calls on players charging out from the line on centre passes (probably Francis), and the contacts coming especially from Charles. Asked the umpires to tighten up in those calls because she’s getting pushed from behind by Charles and they’re not catching it. She seemed a bit frustrated about it and fair enough, I saw Charles getting overly physical in that quarter.

In Wood’s on-court interview she has just said that they are getting a lot of shoves on the body and the umpire’s calls aren’t coming (or something along the lines of that). I think she said something after that though about having to just continue on and about areas of her game that she needs to work on.

And now Bruce is approaching the umpires but we can’t watch because ad break time.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

If I were Lightning, I would consider a change at GS or GK. It depends how you look at it, the defenders are working so hard and are getting turnovers but Lightning is not converting so they’re going to need more turnovers than they are getting at the moment so maybe they test a change for 5 minutes and see how it goes.
            On the other hand, Lightning are struggling in attack, Wood is shooting poorly but Koenan has also caused 3 or so turnovers and while Lightning don’t really have another GA (I wouldn’t move Konena there today), maybe they need a change because Bruce is getting her hand to a lot of ball.

Alternatively, Cosh is moving around very easily and is one of the highest NNP on court, maybe bring Russel on, she is a good shut down WD. Or, although Scherian is playing decently, move Koenan to GA, Wood to WA and McAuliffe to C and Langman back to WD.

Lightning have options, some not highly tested in previous games, but they have options they can try. At this point they’re down by 16, they need to change something.

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

And Bryne makes no changes…
              Shooting percentage for 2nd quarter was 43%

Participant

Amazing how the team that is doing terrible in every area of the court aren’t making a single change.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Fever out by 20 now, three minutes into the 3rd

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

It has been less than five minutes and Lightning are losing this quarter by 6. MAKE CHANGES. At this point Lightning are down by 22 I would throw at least half the bench on the court without hesitation.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

Fever throwing the ball from the line right down to Fowler, too easy.
                      Proscovia on for Koenan, great move I think

Participant

Made 2 changes, meanwhile the game is almost 3/4 over. Who’s pay roll is this coach on?

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

Massive brainfart from Wood, she throws the ball right into Charles’ hands

mcleod
                          Participant

How did the Lightning make the top 4. Actually they finished 2nd.
                            Embarrassing today

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Proscovia is standing up so strong to Bruce, unwavering and Bruce is getting whistled out quite a bit. They need to keep her around for 2021.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Netballcrazy1.
                              Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

A confident super shot from Wood, Proscovia a strong rebounder so I expect Wood will take a few more of these if she can.

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

A pass with too much on it from Russell to Wood, ball goes out

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top