2024 ANZP ROUND 1

2024 ANZP ROUND 12024-04-11T22:43:19+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The Mystics steamroll the Magic to finish with a 64-52 win.

Would you believe the Magic were up by 5 halfway through the third quarter before a 17 goal swing..

Lots to like from the Magic however.

mcleod
        Participant

Some good things to like for Magic, just fell in a mid court attacking hole.
          Mystics must be the easiest team to coach, just biff to Grace, and expect her to grab every poorly directed pass.
          Skill level from some passes was terrible.

Kwkiwi
          Participant

Bizarre rule change where a player can get sin binned without even a warning! Could only happen in Nz netball. Maihi was just trying to contest the ball – heck she’s a defender! The commentators didn’t even know what was going on! Looking at that game, just feel sad Rob Wright didn’t get the ferns coaching job. I’m in the anyone but Taurua camp. Toeva and Nweke looked on song. I guess we are getting to have Taurua rolling out those old tropes again about people not being fit enough and hence omitting in form players with that excuse.
            To be honest I’m not even planning to watch the Ferns play with Taurua back at the helm.

thunder123
            Participant

I would’ve presumed with Tiana out that Khiarna Williams would’ve started for Pulse. Instead she’s starting in the Beko game.

TB
              Participant

One thing I like about DNTs reappointment is that she has been given 2 years. I believe if she wants to keep that role, she has to win………….period! She don’t win, she’s out.

Kerryn
                Participant

@thunder123 they have Pelasio starting at GA for Pulse – she has some of the worst shooting stats I think I have ever seen at NNL and ANZ level (several steps down from Hume at her worst) – they’d be better putting Souness in at GA… I’d prefer the Stars win, but I still hope I’m proved wrong (and in saying that, I am recording that game and watching Mavs v Vixens instead)

WeWood
                  Participant

Not even 10 minutes into the game, Kiri Wills yanks Lisa Mather from the court in C, moves MRB there and brings Crampton back into the fold in WA.

The Stars are down by 1. Not a great endorsement of your starting C!

WeWood
                    Participant

And our third send off for the ANZP season (in five quarters). Munro-Nanoa for a late shoulder on Gordon.

WeWood
                      Participant

@Kerryn you will be pleased to know Peleasio is 6-6 in Q1! I’m pretty sure she’s changed her shooting action. Starting higher, much more fluid.

2023 Ferns Walmsley and Malesala scratching in the first 15. Samason looks set to enter the game for the second quarter.

mcleod
                        Participant

I don’t agree with Crampton being brought in one bit.
                          Move on and let a young player or be like Tactix and bring in a import who is the future.
                          Crampton was taking all of 2024 off Netball. Utter joke.

WeWood
                          Participant

I have less issue with Crampton coming in as a temporary replacement and more with the fact Kiri Wills couldn’t even give her contracted player a quarter to prove themself!

mcleod
                            Participant

And now it’s more brain farts from Kiri, with the lets put Maia at GA.

Maryann
                              Participant

Always gets me that Wills pulls in ‘old’ players when something happens rather than trust her current squad or the next tier down to fill gaps – think De Bruin, Harrison, and at least one other. Crampton would have been better to have stayed in Australia rather than desert the Giants or the fact that she was supposed to be on commentary over there this weekend.
                                I do like the young GK – she has talent to burn. Hopefully she sticks around. Nanise Waiquira was a Stars TP in 2020, came over to do her schooling on a scholarship and had talent to burn but never continued on.

mcleod
                                Participant

Stars were doing well until Crampton came on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top