2024 ANZP ROUND 1

2024 ANZP ROUND 12024-04-11T22:43:19+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Loved the three young AKL defenders in Games 1-2 – Catherine Hall, amazing elevation; Stythe who I thought was the game changer in yesterday’s match and now Tokaduadua. I’d definitely start her behind Burley.

NZ101
      Participant

Score was closer than it should of been Pulse shooters missed a lot.

Baller
          Participant

The Pulse missed Metuarau who looked after Walmsley so nicely last year. Tokadaudau is a lovely young player coming through. If the NZ does join the SSN, I feel confident the SF pathways would still be strong.

Thought Nweke didn’t get out of 1st gear until the 2nd half. Magic had moments just not a full 60.

Halfway through the first round and things looking very predictable. More crunch moments, more learning out new players, higher ball retention, higher shooting stats etc please.

3 suspensions in 2 games…hmm? +/- at an international level. A little too early to say yet.

museboy
            Participant

Loving all the new, tall, GK talent so far in this round. Also love the Tui/Ekenasio circle – Tui has a great hold and moves purposefully.

Magic did well to build a lead however they got lazy when under pressure – poor pass selection and some lazy feeds/takes from the midcourt especially.

Wilson was so much better in GS when she posted up, letting the GA/feeders bring the ball to her. Samason was OK – needs better shot selection (going for the long bomb too much) and feeding her shooting partner.

The suspensions are ridiculous. I know it’s the rules however the effect is that the 2-min suspended player is effectively benched for the rest of the match, which is disproportionate to the infringement.

WeWood
                Participant

11-4 to the Tactix after the first quarter. Not a good advertisement for the ANZ Premiership..

StatsNerd21
                  Participant

Crazy low scores for a first quarter, Tactix up 11-4. I’m not watching, just following, but 4/7 goals in a quarter is just ridiculous, even with the recruitment and injury issues. Also, Tactix should really be up by more!

Dodgy shooting stats all across the court- 15/24 in total for the first quarter.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by StatsNerd21.
                    WeWood
                    Participant

Is going to be a long season for the Steel if they keep this up.

WeWood
                      Participant

25-14 to the Tactix at halftime and I’m turning off the tele now. Excruciating to watch.

TB
                        Participant

Seriously, what do these teams do at trainings?

Baller
                          Participant

If this isn’t an argument for 3 high quality netball tier 1 teams, I don’t know what is?

Hopefully things will improve with Saunders.

Australian Charlie Bell makes her entrance into the game late in the 3rd Q for Tactix. They lead 37-24.

hamilton_fan
                              Participant

What’s happened to Kate Heffernan? Looking at the stats, she went to the bench at half time. Managing an injury, or having an off game?

Tactix leads 50-33 late in the game.

The most turnovers by any team in 2023 was 34 by Steel playing against Tactix. Sadly, the Steel has beaten that tally in this game. In amongst all that, goal shooter Grace Namana has given up zero turnovers so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top