2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think she’ll be promoted to assistant coach because the current fever coach as left so makes sense. Since she’s already a talent recruiter.

Maryann
      Participant

@netballgirl, Dan Ryan has re-signed as Fever Coach.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Maryann.
        Tully
        Participant

From Code…

SEN will have;

Cardwell
          Glasgow
          Sinclair
          Lewis 😥
          Jovic

Also have quotes from Gorman-Brown’s manager saying she wants to stay at Swifts but if she doesn’t get a contract she has to find a spot to progress her career.

All other comments relate to previously speculated player movements.

Tully
          Participant

I suspected Vixens were losing a defender given they have been linked to multiple defenders now and are reportedly set to use Eddy more in the circle.

Shame to lose Lewis, she has been great. But wonderful for Aussie netball if she gets a starting GK spot.

Tully
            Participant

Will be interesting for TBirds of Dwan goes back to FBs.

Options would be Nelson or Kumwenda?

Tully
              Participant

Sorry I forgot Fran Williams to Fever.

Tully
                Participant

I’d love to know what Jenner and Ellis are doing. They spent far too much time on the bench this season and with Williams – Aryang they will again.

Jenner would be great for SEN whilst ellis could go to Vixens. They tried to get her back when she left FBs. They’d both get more court time with those moves.

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

I’m so confident that if the contract window was open, Cardwell would’ve already resigned with the Thunderbirds.

Damn it, one good season and then we might lose both Cardwell and Dwan ????????‍♀️????????‍♀️????????‍♀️

Tully
                    Participant

IF it happens, I think TBirds will be fine.

Lucy Austin is a future Diamond imo so it would just fast track that development. Horjus can play more GA and they recruit an experienced WA such as Browne. Or they try and pick up Nyah Allen and Kumwenda.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Horjus is a great GA/WA swing but when she’s shut down at GA we need legitimate back up option with probably more size.

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

Sterling to Fever??? Why is Facebook trying to give me a heart attack.

And Fowler is there so it really would be a possibility!!!

Tully
                          Participant

I think Horjus is a better GA than Dwan. Horjus also just happened to be the best WA in the team so when she was at GA they struggled in WA which also resulted in Horjus doing way too much work. If they could get Browne then that would fix WA allowing Horjus back into GA.

I’d love to see TBirds back in Nyah Allen. She offers something different and more height in GA to Horjus. Kumwenda would then fit well as an experienced GS to ease Austin into games or take the heat out of games. I think Austin could be a Diamond in a couple of years.

If they let Nankivell go then they can still recruit Browne and run 3 middies and 4 shooters.

TBirds still have their great SA youth they’ve backed in and the chance to get one back in Allen.

Sterling to Fever? Hmm, I think I’d believe the code article about Fran Williams to Fever first.

capsule
                            Participant

Hmm I’m a bit disappointed by those names for the SEN team. Happy for Jovic but I was hoping for a stronger Victorian flavour to the team rather than prepping the Roses’ future shooting circle. Also not sure if Sinclair is needed when both Glasgow and Cardwell can play GA and shoot from distance.

Where will Shimona Nelson go?

tina_138
                              Participant

Cardwell to SEN? ????????????????

Not believing it til I see it confirmed

netballgirl
                                Participant

Sterling isn’t leaving, her manager romeldas husband said she’s happy at the tbirds.

I had a feeling Neville would poach Cardwell, they did a netball clinic together and I’m sure something was said then. Tbirds could pick up Nelson or Wallace. Picking up Nelson would give them high volume shooting.
                                  The only issue with loosing Cardwell is she was the one who made the girls believe and perform well.

The Cardwell and Glasgow combo makes sense, as they’d want to strengthen the English rose line up. Hopefully they pick Taljaard over Sinclair.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,011 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top