2024 SSN ROUND 3

2024 SSN ROUND 32024-04-25T19:27:35+10:00
Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Also liked Kim Green’s comments about Moloney playing differently this year. It’s almost like the whole Vixens team has changed their vibe a bit – like they’re a bit more calm/process rather than fired up emotion. Or maybe it’s the bun instead of the pony!

Full time: Vixens 63-44

Giants gradually improved as the game went on, drawing the last Q 15-15. But the damage was already done from that disastrous first half. Vixens weren’t at their absolute best, but still way too good.

No surprise… Emily Mannix POTM!

Tully
        Participant

Not sure how bad things need to get for Giants before they play Dwyer and Letherbarrow together. Dwyer is not a WA.

Good to see Vixens use all 10 players. Ellis continues to improve. Shame Vixens didn’t play Walters and Mundy together. Moloney was quieter than the first two games so it may have given them more drive.

Guyza
          Participant

Harten definitely needs to be benched more of the time, but the whole attacking end is a shambles and puts her under increased pressure. Dwyer wasn’t great today when in GA and isn’t a WA. Harten doesn’t seem to hold space as obviously as previously. Still don’t think Winders is a great WA option and Pitman has been poor. As other people have said, I imagine Crampton would’ve been a much better option.

Vixens are very exciting to watch at the moment. Just seem more dynamic than previous years. Garbin is in great form but had hoped she might’ve tidied up her super shots more. Great to see Mannix in better form, she looks super fit. Eddy too.

Shooter Tamara
            Participant

Embarrassing is how it was today, supposedly the best league in the world and Giants dished this crap up, surely a few careers ended today !

tina_138
              Participant

Have Giants announced an 11th player? I

HDav
                Participant

Proud of the Firebirds today, I think they were outfoxed by the wily Swifts at the end.

Swifts1
                  Participant

I think JFitz has to accept a lot of responsibility for how the Giants are going this season. Poor recruiting means the team has very little versatility with no plan B when the super shots aren’t flowing. They desperately need a tall GK and should be putting their efforts into cultivating OBrian as much as possible. Matisse needs to be on court or they should let her go. If they are going to lose I would rather it be because they are rebuilding and developing players.

NB12
                    Participant

The only difference between the Swifts and the Firebirds today was that more swifts players had time on the bench throughout the game so were fresher for the ET period.

I think that should be a lesson to all coaches that if it is looking like it could possibly go into ET, give your players short breaks periodically.

Dwan and Gardner could have both done with a few minutes on the bench a couple of times and that may have reduced their turnovers at the crucial moments.

TB
                      Participant

Giants have a strong midcourt, but I would like to see Winders and JLP switch around. JLP and Pitman are too similar in their style. I think Winders at C, would add some real zippy-ness. It doesn’t work when she’s in WA.

netballgirl
                        Participant

How many years left on Julie’s contract? It’s funny how when Jo was taken out of GS, the giants suddenly started scoring. I would like to see them start with the same lineup, or with Jo on the bench see how the young ones go.

Swifts1
                          Participant

I don’t think the only difference between the Swifts and Firebirds was the ability to use their bench. For me the key difference was experience – if the Firebirds hadn’t tried to play around with it and took the 1 the Swifts would have needed a super shot to equal the score and I think the Firebirds defence would have been able to stop it. The Swifts mainly went for 1 point shots in extra time.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Go to Top