2024 SSN ROUND 3

2024 SSN ROUND 32024-04-25T19:27:35+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: Vixens 31-14

Matisse Letherbarrow came on for Giants and certainly made a difference, but Vixens still have a commanding lead. An incredible 19 turnovers against Giants in the first half. Mannix with 88 NNP, twice as many as the next best on court.

Swifts1
      Participant

Surely there is a young mid court option for the Giants in the NSW pathways. Have the Giants named their 11th player? If not I would find a young attacking middie and get them in the team and look to the future.

StatsNerd21
        Participant

SURELY this is the day Lily Graham debuts!

Giants said in a post-match interview from preseason that they didn’t have any intention of signing an 11th player, but they’ll need one if they keep playing like this! Maybe they could lure Annie Miller home from the Sunshine Coast? Eliza Burton is also a very good attacking middie from NSW, as is Hope White- they’re both a bit younger I believe.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by StatsNerd21.
          Swifts1
          Participant

Also I would bench the next person who throws a cross court ball into the pocket.

sarahk90
            Participant

I think the deadline for naming an 11th player was round 3 so I think it’s too late for the Giants there

Well, the first half saw Sophie Dwyer moved to WA. And she’s still there. What other surprises will we see in the second half? Can Giants possibly make a comeback from this position?

D-fencr
                Participant

JFitz clearly unhappy with the criticism for not putting Letherbarrow on until now.

Hannah Mundy is on court for the first time this season. She takes over from Zara Walters.

Vixens 37-18

Swifts1
                    Participant

I don’t think it was an unreasonable question from Kim. Seriously if JFitz doesn’t think Letherbarrow is not an option in the first 2 games then she needs to be dropped from the team and get another serious shooting option.

Swifts1
                      Participant

I shrunk Matisse is good enough just not being given the opportunities.

Stoj
                        Participant

It was an excellent question for Kim- one some people have actually been asking for a couple of seasons. JFitz got defensive because she knows that her judgement was mistaken. Harten is well past her prime – she should be used as an impact player.

Swifts1
                          Participant

Completely agree Stoj. This game is an embarrassment.

D-fencr
                            Participant

Lily Graham looks a bit nervous, a few weak hands moments and some dodgy passes. But good that she’s able to debut without the pressure and get some of this out.

all-rounder
                              Participant

clearly defensive for her crap decision. It was not criticism from Kim Green, it was a question why we haven’t seen Leatherbarrow on court in Rd 1&2 and Fitzgerald jumped down her throat saying before she criticises that she is not at training as doesn’t see – trying to justify her old-school keep your starting 7 on courts decisions

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by all-rounder.

3/4 time: Vixens 48-29

A much improved quarter from Giants where they scored more goals than in the first two Qs combined. But Vixens were still able to extend their lead to 19.

Emily Mannix has had 10 gains, including 6 intercepts!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 133 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top