2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2024-07-24T12:41:03+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The likelihood of Bueta returning seems very low now ☹️

McNiffy1703
      Participant

Bueta has just announced that she is pregnant again!

NB12
        Participant

Oh that’s awesome! Congrats to the Buetas!

Tully
            Participant

So if FBs are signing Jackson where is Fadoju going?

There aren’t many defensive spots open. Fever full. Mavs full. TBirds full. Swifts full. Lightning full.

One spot at each of Giants and FBs. I don’t think I would have Ward and Fadoju in the same line up so FBs would have been a more logical choice.

Mannix is under contract so Vixens will sign a RP, I have heard Jacqui Newton as a suggestion. I still think Lambden balances the team better. Charlotte Sexton most likely a TP.

As for Swifts, invest in the talent in NSW. That’s how to get back and stay at the top long term.

McNiffy1703
              Participant

Maybe the Vixens will sign Fadoju? Would be a good replacement!

NB12
                Participant

Well if Fadoju is going to Giants, perhaps that’s why McDonnell gets the nod again, giving them a bit of an anchor player and then Ward might get some time at WD also.

Swifts4Life
                  Participant

My predictions:

Tbirds: Frew resigns for 2 yrs

Giants: Resign obrien for 1 yr, next yr if it doesn’t go well, then maybe get FF?

Mavs: I honestly can’t imagine they will get rid of maisie. I have listened to the mavs way pod and it sounds like she is staying. I do think that they need something else for the midcourt, but I don’t really know.
                    On the netty life, they said sasha might be leaving but i thought she was on contract for next season.

Vixens: I don’t know if they will resign kumwenda, will be interesting if the donnell wallam rumours are true.

Swifts: If the nz player ban is lifted, then they will get nweke. Otherwise maybe palavi? I can’t imagine they won’t resign LGB, she is young and is fast, something that proud and hadley sometimes lack.

Firebirds: I think that if the nz ban is NOT lifted, then they could sign kristiana or elle temu as leadership in the defense end because they don’t have a lot of that right now.

Lightning: I don’t expect lots of changes. I can’t find who is unsigned.

Fever: This is interesting; Beckford or Browne? I really want gab sinclair to get a contract and I think that kelsey did really well this season so maybe they keep Browne. If that happens, it will be interesting to see if J and KD would get sour that they let go of Shanice.

Other notes:
                    I wonder if rolene can get a contract. She can’t be 11th player because she has represented south africa…

Kamo? RAG? Ali Miller? Lucy Austin?
                    I feel palavi did so well she can’t not get a contract. The swifts really did a proper WD, although i do think that allie smith can be a good impact player.
                    Rudi Ellis? I hope vix resign her.

Any other thoughts or comments?

Tully
                    Participant

Rudi Ellis will be at Vixens. Their only questions are who is the RP for Mannix and the 3rd shooting spot. I thought Kumwenda signed a multi year contract. Graham is developing beautifully and Vixens rate her very highly, but she could fill the 11th spot for 2025 then back in the 10 in 2026 when Kumwenda retires. If Kumwenda is back then they have 3 non Victorians so the RP has to be Victorian which I suppose ties in to Jacqui Newton (I’ll keep hoping for Lambden, although Newton would deserve it as well).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Tully.
                      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Tully.
                      iona
                      Participant

I will really miss watching Gretel play

netballgirl
                        Participant

If the firebirds don’t recruit jury, they should throw money at Ervin. She’s in a one year contract and will be fighting for court time with Bruce.

Swifts4Life
                          Participant

yeah except she started her career with the firebirds

StatsNerd21
                            Participant

Tyler Orr leaving Tbirds to pursue an opportunity overseas- I’m assuming England?
                              Have to wonder who’s taking her place at Thunderbirds, but it’s not like we have a deficit of middies in Aus.

netballgirl
                              Participant

I’m so confused by this! I thought she would’ve been next in line.
                                Could possibly be Sophie Casey? Though she’s a wd!
                                This may be a wild guess, could it be Nyah Allen? I’ve seen in the Tbirds insta stories, sometimes she’s wearing a wa bib. Could she possibly be an another GA/WA option like Horjus?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 364 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top