2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2024-07-24T12:41:03+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    Participant

swifts making an announcement at 11

Swifts4Life
        Participant

kayla graham signed by tbirds
          are there any more signings?

sarahk90
          Participant

Graham wasn’t even on my radar for Tbirds. 5 shooters doesn’t make sense to me unless they’re going to elevate a true middie as their 11th player and use that system more regularly. If Williams is going to be the 2IC in WA, it would have made more sense to elevate Sophie Casey a C/WD for more C coverage. Perhaps they’re planning ahead for 2026 when Aitken-George is likely to have retired, who knows

Mavericks haven’t announced their 10th but likely to be Nankivell

D-fencr
            Participant

Swifts love signing Victorian WD prospects! Eddy, Smith and now Lambden.

Swifts4Life
                  Participant

any news on the mavs signing nankivell

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

Really interesting choice by Thunderbirds to go with 4-5 shooters. I think they may struggle a bit in the mid court this season but I guess the hope is that Graham develops enough to come in at GA rather than Horjus. Although I do wonder if Frew and Graham play similar styles? I haven’t seen the latter much on court.

Wonder what this also means for Nyah Allen, unlikely to get an opportunity in Adelaide over the next few years.

Also makes me wonder who the 11th player will be, I’d say Casey is the only midcourter but I’m not sure if she’s ready.

Trolly
                      Participant

So no Sinclair and no Wallam in SSN next year and not signed elsewhere as yet. Palavi also without a contract in the 10 for any team. Really disappointed. 😞 4 new imports, 2 shooters and 2 mid court. Both shooters should be good to watch.

I’m a bit perplexed about some of the signings.

Swifts – WD has been an issue but this signing leaves them defence heavy with no change up if Proud or Hadley need a break. Does Lambden play C? What happens to Smith? Is this an interim move with Smith and Lambden in competition for one spot in 2026? Is this the third consecutive VIC pathway WD signed to Swifts? (Keddy, Smith, Lambden) I guess Swifts could sign a WA as 11th player and leave one of Smith/Lambden out of the game day 10.

Fever – also defence heavy but have managed to keep Brown as a training partner and could also go with a WA or WA/GA as 11th player.

Giants – yes they need another WA option so Crampton is probably a good signing but D is still a concern along with an underperforming shooting combo.

I thought centre court was pretty strong in Australia so I’m a bit surprised to see 2 imports though both are experienced. It looks like the 11th player signings will be very strategic and could be used effectively to bolster the main 10. I’m looking forward to seeing who is signed.

TB
                        Participant

How does Julie Fitz still get the approval of being the Giants head coach, when her whole wooden spoon team has been retained bar 1 player 🤷‍♂️ Like how does she sell that to management?

slickbackblondebun
                          Participant

Where is Wallam? Doesn’t look like she is at Diamonds camp.

I agree about Giants. Culture might be good, but I don’t think they have the right players or game play to be in finals. They will be fighting for 6-8th place next year again.

At least Firebirds have changed up their list + a new coach. But they do have culture issues tied up with the upper management.

Swifts, great choice!

I too am surprised Tania has gone for another shooter to elevate! Perhaps she might play WA? Either way all the Lucy supporters on social media will keep whining about her court time with even more competition!

slickbackblondebun
                            Participant

Actually! I think I can spot Wallam in the “games” stories from Diamonds!

I think Fever have gone for a heavy defence team to win ball and just get it down to Folwer. It makes sense.

While Tbirds have gone for heavy shooters as they do win ball and just need to score! I was kinda hoping Tania might go for Sinclair and cement more 2 point shots! But pathway player it is.

sarahk90
                              Participant

Fever usually have a defence-heavy team from memory. In 2023 they had Bruce, Ellis, Jenner and Aryang and before Jenner, there was Francis-Bayman. They never really rotated this well, but Dan Ryan has been much better at rotations this year so he might have turned over a new leaf

NB12
                                Participant

Fever need a genuine GK option change up and R Aryang provides that.

I think Anstiss will be the regular C with Jordan Cransberg moving there when needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 364 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top