Australian Diamonds Squad 2024/25

Australian Diamonds Squad 2024/252024-06-07T07:41:24+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

schmeetle
      Participant

Yay!! Exciting young-uns in the squad!

D-fencr
        Participant

I would have liked Tayla Williams to be an invitee. But otherwise very happy with this squad. Woohoo, Georgie Horjus!

RBD a notable exclusion – she did play very well on the weekend but has had a quiet year otherwise. Lots of defence coverage with Aryang, Klau, Garrett, Weston, Bruce – and Ervin! What a reward for her performance.

Pleased that Mundy has the nod for midcourt as well, we have to plan for the end of Hadley/Watson.

benmac4
          Participant

RBD being excluded is unreal she is sitting at similiar stars to garret whilst playing in a new and inexperienced defensive lineup garret has the likes of sterling and Wilson to apply pressure and create confusion which makes gains much easier, garret didn’t impress majorly when she debuted last year
            Particularly after last year RBD being a reserve for WC,

Also garbin Austin Mundy Moloney Weston and mannix (invited) is kinda crazy for the vixens very impressive

tina_138
            Participant

I read somewhere that there is space for more names to be added.

Would love to see Tayla Williams there as another WD/C option

Ervin and Garrett defended together at fast 5 last year. Future diamonds defensive combo perhaps?

Exciting to see all the new names!

TB
              Participant

Would love to see a Liz Watson and Georgie Horjus C/WA combination.

nanator
                Participant

I think this is a very fair squad… Williams and RBD will get their time to shine.

x12k34p
                  Participant

I think they can select up to 22 in the squad. The selectors have likely left it open to see how some players go for the rest of the season and if they are at that level there is a chance for them to be added into the squad or as invitees – otherwise the 18 selected + 2 invitees will stay as is. Players have been added after the initial squad announcement previously.

Stoj
                    Participant

So excited to Horjus and Ervin in the squad! Hopefully they can translate their SSN form onto the international stage.

Gutted for Proud – she’s developed into a really good player (the Swifts have been lost without her the last few weeks)

Flb
                      Participant

Agree Stoj. Proud certainly hasn’t had luck on her side when it comes to the Diamonds. I thought RBDs exclusion is a bit tough, but hopefully she has some good form and is added later.

The coach gives her thoughts to Jenny Sinclair…

nanator
                          Participant

Really enjoyed the interview and comments on how Stacey does not look at age, but how the body is working and lets the player make that call. As much as I’m not a SM fan, sounds like a very healthy atmosphere/culture in the diamonds camp.

tina_138
                            Participant

Would love to know if she sees Horjus more of a WA or GA

Swifts1
                              Participant

I love this team. So much respect for SM. While I feel for both Bakewell Doran and Proud the reasons SM gave for their exclusion make sense. I think Ruby will be back in the green and gold at some point but for now she is behind Weston, Aryang and Garrett. Disappointed for Proud she has been so unlucky with injuries but now is the time for renewal. I am loving to see the next gen coming through with Ervin, Horjus and Mundy. SM’s comment about flexibility perhaps don’t bode well for Parmy.

StatsNerd21
                                Participant

My only problem with the squad is having Lucy Austin as an invitee. Yes, she is the future of the Diamonds- but she’s barely the present of the Thunderbirds. In my opinion, her form and court time so far this year don’t warrant inclusion- she’s still playing the Reserves comp! How can she be in the Diamonds squad?

I assume it has a bit to do with her Fast5 performance, which was very good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top