Firebirds ‘missed an opportunity’ by benching Jemma Mi Mi in Indigenous Round

Firebirds ‘missed an opportunity’ by benching Jemma Mi Mi in Indigenous Round2020-09-22T09:37:02+10:00
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I agree somewhat with not playing her just because she is Indigenous but when Dunkley went down it was a perfect opportunity to get her on and make it not look like tokenism
      I think the real question needs to be asked of other clubs, at least Firebirds have 1 Indigenous player. I can’t remember the last Swift or Vixen or Thunderbird that was Indigenous. Recent memory has Mi Mi, Friday, Janz and Giteau (hopefully not forgetting anyone)
      If NA and clubs want to make a big deal about Indigenous round they need to do more. Coaches, commentators, players and staff are not represented by FN’s people

Tully
      Participant

It’s the pathways and grass roots programs that need to be looked at. The state associations. The SSN clubs can only select from the top talent available.
        If you look at the recent Aus talent squads selected only two are indigenous, Leesa Mi Mi (QLD – Jemma’s sister) and Gabby Coffey (VIC – Vixens Academy). So why is that?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Go to Top