2024 ANZP ROUND 3

2024 ANZP ROUND 32024-04-25T19:29:15+10:00

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Jinxibo – re Tūī, I thought I heard them say she’d had covid during the week.

With regards to Samason, it’s not uncommon for the ANZ coaches to not give their ‘imports’ regular game time. No idea why, just seems to happen.

TB
      Participant

But the fact they’ve brought in an ex-player (Falkner) who has just had bubs and I don’t believe she did preseason? Yet walked straight on court before Samason. There’s definitely a back story here.
        I wonder if she’s the thing we’re not allowed to say on here?

Btw I’m a massive Falkner fan, so I’m loving she’s back on court. I think the Ferns need as many GA options as possible.

RMB
        Participant

@silverfern1 agree Walsmley will need to harden up a bit if she wants to keep that black dress, last season the camera caught her with a few tears, we do forget they are still young though, Nweke used to get a bit emotional too

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by RMB.
          mcleod
          Participant

Samason doesn’t look all that fit, she certainly isn’t a GA option.
            She started at GS the previous round against Tactix, and got taught a lesson by the very in form Jane Watson, then Summer Temu had her excellent 45min, but failed to fire against Magic.
            Stars have a few issues at GS, if Maia Wilson is going to be used at GA.

museboy
            Participant

Agree with mcleod – Samason’s performance to date has not earned the starting bid considering she can only play GS.

Jinxibo
              Participant

@TB, interesting comment, have to admit that never crossed my mind but I’m not sure she’s being much help.

@museboy & @mcleod, I’m sure Samason had a preseason with Stars, so she should be fit.

I wondering who is the next starting GA for the SF will be after Eke. IMO Walmsley and Maia are not international GAs, Faulkner looked good but her international games haven’t been great. Malesala and Metuarau are injured, Who does that leave? Is TPSR still in the SF mix?

Personally I’m liking Tui

TB
                Participant

I’m liking we are starting to have a couple of options at GS for Ferns. Obviously Nweke is leading, but now with Tui, Walmsley and maybe Bird.

TB
                  Participant

Tui’s style reminds me a bit like Malia Paseka.
                    I wouldn’t be upset if the 4 shooters for Ferns (for this year) is Nweke, Eke, Tui and TPSR.
                    Eke and TPSR would be on a year-by-year basis. But if players like Heffernan, Malesala and Metaurua find form, they could easily push into the side.

danielpokai
                    Participant

Nweke out for season?

Huh?

TB
                        Participant

Serious?

It looks like she’s out for round 4.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Go to Top