Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds

Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds2021-07-17T17:13:13+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
      Waylay
      Participant

Liz Ellis’ 12

Koenen, Bueta, Wood, Dwyer
        Browne, Proud, Price, McAuliffe
        Weston, Aryang, Bruce, Klau

Waylay
        Participant

Personally I’d pick

Koenen, Garbin, Wood, Bueta
          Browne, Proud, Price, Parmenter
          Weston, Jenner, Bruce, Klau

I’m not sold on Browne though, I could very easily have Hadley in there instead. Undecided.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Waylay.
          Netballcrazy1
          Participant

I’d have:
            Koenan, Beuta, Wood, Dwyer
            Proud, Price, Browne/Rav, Parmenter/Hadley
            Bruce, Weston, Aryang, Klau

I’m not completely sold on Browne’s return and Watson’s injury adds to the opportunity for some movement in the mid court. Because of that, I think Rav (or even Nankivell) could challenge for one of the spots while Hadley/Parmenter are up for the WD position with the added benefit that Hadley can play C/WA (although yet to show well on international level).
            I think the mid-court decision will come down to Stacey’s willingness to use Wood and Weston in the wing positions as from there, she can balance the mid court as she sees fit.

Although I wonder if there’s enough Fever in this team for Stacey… I think she’ll throw in a Charles and Anstiss for fun…

Not going to lie, slightly concerned with where we’re at with CWG coming up, I’d like to see Dimaonds play some extra test matches because there’s no way you can pick the best CWG team just based on CC matches against NZ.

sami j
            Participant

I’d have
              Koenen, Garbin (only at GS), Wood, Bueta
              Proud, Hadley, Rav, Parmenter
              Weston, Turner, Klau, Bruce
              The mid court especially is so hard to choose and I really hope they have a large wider squad as now is the time to get players into the system before comm games and World Cup
              I also hope the diamonds play a series against England sometime this year

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by sami j.
              JR
              Participant

Loved what Ellis said about Weston … ‘outstanding play at GD’ ‘ability to ….cover WD’ happy moments after a disappointing year as a Vixens’ supporter.

moley02
                Participant

Find it quite interesting that she hasn’t even mentioned the returning in form mother’s of Rav and Brandley

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

Yes, those two are really pushing for contention. I think it would be good to have both in the squad.

JR
                    Participant

I wonder if both have said they’re not interested given the have very young children. Brandley didn’t travel to Perth a while ago.

Cb98
                      Participant

I might be alone in this, but I wasn’t convinced Weston self-selected – she’s been good on defence, but very costly in attack – I looked at the player stats and she has 22 GPTs, 9 more than the next highest option out of the five mentioned by Ellis (Turner on 13). Would love to see Aryang in the Diamonds though – as much as I love Turner and the Swifts, I’d have her over Turner for sure. She has less penalties, and a better option if you need a different option for WD – Turner had a lot of penalties when she played WD against the Thunderbirds.

I also think the Diamonds really need Garbin as an option – she offers a good change up from what is otherwise going to be more of a moving circle, and she is so strong on the hold and in the air. Especially after seeing how Burger and Watson were just all over the Stars moving circle last week, vs getting way less ball against CBass this week, I think having a strong holding option who is also strong in the air would be good.

My picks:
                        Koenan, Bueta, Wood, Garbin
                        Proud, Hadley, Parmenter, Price/Rav
                        Bruce, Klau, Aryang, Turner/Weston

NB12
                        Participant

I’d definitely pick Aryang. She is cleaner than the other up and comers (really necessary with international umpires), excellent at reading the play and is a safe pair of hands out of defence. And, she has so much more growth in her.

mcleod
                          Participant

CBass out played Jane Watson today. So I still reckon CB is a option for the Diamonds.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

I think Bassett will be part of the squad. I’m wondering whether there’s any camps planned after the season because that would be useful to test combinations and make some final decisions.

JR
                              Participant

Cb98 – agree with you about Weston’s attacking play. I know lots on here comment on her oft wayward over shoulder throw a lot. I’ve been disappointed with her attacking play this year; especially when Vixens’ experienced players need to step up to support newbies on the attacking transverse line.

I was just happy about what Liz said about Weston, albeit a bit surprised she didn’t mention Weston’s poor GPT stats.

nanator
                                Participant

I would have:

Koenen, Wood, Tippett, Garbin (GS only)
                                  Proud, Hadley, Ravillion, Price (But I’m guessing Stacey will definitely include Charles or Antstiss)
                                  Bruce, Klau, Weston and Turner

I don’t think there’s space for Bassett in the squad. She brings experience, but she’s lost form. Caitlin at her best is amazing, but we’re past that. Interested to see how Wallam performs in the ANL tournament.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top