SSN Players you would like to see recruited

SSN Players you would like to see recruited2023-06-21T01:50:59+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was also wondering if Dwan might go back to QLD but surely it would depend on if Wood or Bueta leave to make room for her. She’s had good court time this year with Cardwell, I don’t think she’d move back just to be a backup again

Tully
      Participant

I said many times over the last few months that Vixens need to recruit Garbin. I suspected Samason was on the move to NZ. A new environment for her knees will be wonderful and I suspect she will be in a black dress one day. But that opens a GS spot for Garbin. Kumwenda doesn’t have many seasons left so Garbin could take that GS bib with both hands playing with Austin, Watson, Mundy and Moloney. All makes sense to me. Now just need Vixens to execute.

Vixens need to have some tough conversations with their senior players. Defensively they did not win enough ball. They need to retain Lewis and Eddy who needs to be used more in GD with Weston spending time at GK. I think it’s time they let Mannix go, recruit Garbin to take over from MJ (who I would retain in the 10) and explain to Moloney that she will be moving back to WD to allow Mundy into starting 7. If Dehaney is available they should try and get her back.

Surely Dwan will only head home to QLD if Bueta doesn’t return. QLD has a surplus of shooters. Bell will likely miss a contact at Lightning to Batcheldor, unless they go for 4 shooters. Moore has done well this year and I would expect FBs will retain her ahead of Stower (assuming Bueta returns to take Stower’s spot).

I’d like to see Dehaney move. With Hinchliffe coming back and Ervin coming through her court time is likely to decrease and I’m not sure she quite fits what Lightning needs. Lightning needs a midcourt overhaul. They should target Sligar and Jovic.

al_ex
        Participant

I also think Dehaney should look elsewhere. She just hasn’t been consistently as good at Lightning as she was at Vixens. There’s a global shortage of GKs so I expect she’d be able to find a starting position somewhere without too many issues. When she’s in good form I’d have her starting at Vixens, Firebirds, Giants and the 8th team.

Tully
          Participant

There was an article mid season with Dehaney. She said she enjoyed playing for Reynolds but that Simone reminded her number 1. She definitely played her best in that environment so I don’t think a reunion with McKinnis would be out of the question.

The 8th team will be interesting. Right now they don’t exist and other teams would be organising their line ups. They will be behind in setting their team. Also given Collingwood failed with all their resources I can’t see many starting players or those getting decent court time moving if they have an offer from an existing club. Once the team proves their sustainability they will have more recruiting power.

schmeetle
            Participant

Nice loyalty from Samason for all the years Vic Netball looked after her with her injuries and rehab :negative:

sarahk90
              Participant

I wouldn’t straight away assume it was Samason’s choice to move. Maybe Vixens told her their goal circle plans for next year and she wasn’t in them, who knows

TB
                Participant

So will the 8th team basically be Collingwood? Braz has retired, and I haven’t seen Sam Winders name been mentioned in any NZ teams so far – wonder if she’s a possibility for this SSN team?

Tully
                  Participant

Samason has had a rotten time with injury for many years but especially the last two seasons. Took a very long time to be given a go at Vixens. Personally I think she has shown loyalty to not go to NZ sooner. I can understand why Rahni would want a new environment. I hope that she flourishes (and her knees!) in the NZ environment. I agree don’t assume Rahni was offered a Vixens contract. She may have been but also quite likely wasn’t. Vixens desperately need a shooting circle change up for next season.

Tully
                    Participant

I don’t think the 8th team will be the Collingwood players. Many of the Collingwood players would be in discussions with other clubs already. Making agreements pending the CPA being sorted. Players like Garbin, Mentor, Ward, Browne and Jovic. I worry for the 8th team they are going to be massively behind the eight ball with recruitment.

D-fencr
                      Participant

I’m sad Rahni has left but I can understand why she may want to leave for a fresh start, and conversely why Vixens may not have offered her a contract. It could end up being a win for both parties, and a win for NZ.

Agree I would love to see Garbin at Vixens. At this point it’s the most logical place for her to go, and a combo with Austin, Watson and Mundy is exciting.

Vixens are interesting. Their core group has been together for so long, and won them a premiership, but probably needs a shake-up and refresh after underdelivering this year. Hope they retain Lewis, Weston, Mundy, Austin, Watson at the least.

alyssa20602
                        Participant

Would love to see Garbin at the vixens, feel she would flourish there. The speed of Kip with the strength of Garbin would be impressive… fingers crossed!!

Harvz81
                          Participant

I am loving seeing the Dynamic Duos from the same international team, such as:-
                            –Sterling and Wilson
                            –Koenen and Wood
                            –Bruce and Aryang
                            Only to name a few…

In that light, I would love to see the following duos at SSN:-
                            –Mentor and FRAN WILLIAMS
                            –Mentor and FUNMI FADOJU
                            –Fowler and SHANICE BECKFORD (even if Beckford came as a TP)
                            –Nelson and ADEAN THOMAS
                            –Dehaney and Ward (on the same team)
                            –PHUMZA MAWENI and Pretorius (combo again)
                            –Pretorius and SHADINE VAN DER MERWE
                            –ZANELE VIMBELA and Pretorius
                            –BONGIWE MSOMI, LEFEBRE RADMAN, and/or INE-MARI VENTER
                            –Wallace and KALIFA MCCOLLIN
                            –Harten (if she does not retire) and SOPHIE DRAKEFORD-LEWIS

netballgirl
                            Participant

I would love to see Dehaney partner up with ward in the new team, and have Shimona as the GS!!

Kelsey should head to lightening,
                              I have a feeling they’ll let scherian or miller go.

Garbin to vixens as an impact player or at lightening. Batchelador to fever.

Firebirds may pick up fadoju and drop
                              Simpson.

Nankerville to take millers spot at lightening and Mundy, Fraser or jovic to thunderbirds.

netballgirl
                              Participant

I don’t think the vixens will let go any players, but players may look elsewhere. They are a very loyal bunch.

TB
                                Participant

This will sound selfish, but I hope SSN/ANZ do NOT pick up any Jamaican midcourters or GAs ?
                                  If they had one of those players playing in our competitions weekly, on the international scene Jamaica will be even scarier than what they already are!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top