2020 SSN ROUND 7 – GIANTS v FIREBIRDS

2020 SSN ROUND 7 – GIANTS v FIREBIRDS2020-08-25T10:02:30+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is this game no spectators or just limited? Because I see Clemesha in the seats with someone else

al_ex
      Participant

Bassett has made a difference but I feel like Harten is the one who’s a bit off. Still a lot of miscommunications and telegraphed passes. Hay should come back on with Austin at GA but I doubt that will happen, especially as Harten just drained some super shots to level the scores.

1/2 time: 32-32

Bassett 8/9 (89%)
          Harten 14/15 (93%) 2/3 (67%)

Aiken 21/25 (84%)
          Dwan 5/5 (100%) 3/4 (75%)

Good fightback from Giants. After a dodgy start, Bassett has come into the game well and Giants’ defence have started picking off gains and making the Firebirds uncertain

Zara Collings
          Participant

I think bringing Dunkley on at the end of the 2nd was a smart decision, the firebirds will have started the game riding high off the win and it’s about maintaining that energy and not getting fatigued. The Firebirds have done that well recently rotating Gardner and Dunkley. Good to see Dwan being left on for the SS period and not getting subbed off for Venter who I don’t rate out at GA much, she’s much better under the post at GS.

al_ex
            Participant

Dwan is a better long-shooter than Venter anyway, so as long as she has the legs there’s no real reason to take her off. She’s really getting better every week as well, a star of the future.

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

I think Jenke just called Dwan, Gretel when talking to the commentators

3/4 time: Firebirds 49-47

Bassett 21/25 (84%)
                  Harten 16/17 (94%) 2/4 (50%)

Aiken 33/38 (87%)
                  Dwan 8/9 (89%) 4/6 (67%)

Still almost nothing to separate these teams. Interesting to see the strategies in the power plays. It all could come down to super shots to decide the game!

Giants take the lead now. 59-56 as we go to a timeout. Maybe they will go on with it from here.

JR
                    Participant

Oh my goodness these time outs are tedious.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Contact call on Hinchliffe and Basset wins it for Giants! Giants win 66-65

Bassett wins the game for the Giants in the last second!

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

Unfortunate for the Firebirds who played well and as much as I see Giants more of a threat to thunderbirds on the ladder, I wanted to see them take this win for some reason.

JR
                            Participant

Wow – Bassett under the ring with a penalty and wins it for the Giants by 1.

Aiken sinks two 2 pointer swishers in that last 5 minutes.

al_ex
                              Participant

What an effort from Aiken!! Giants probably deserved this one, they were really solid across the board. Firebirds attack weren’t really in it when Bassett got going. Austin and Price played a lot better in the Midcourt than they’ve done previously. I’d still love to see some more of Bassett/Austin together.

Scott
                                Participant

Great finish. I feel for the Firebirds. Two big super shots from Aiken to level the scores before Bassett wins it on the final whistle.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Scott.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top