2022 ANZP ROUND 4

2022 ANZP ROUND 42022-03-29T13:15:04+10:00

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Interesting comments about Dunn. IMO she is deceptively fast, has great foot work (how many times does she free herself on the baseline?), great timing, very strong and extremely accurate.
      I have never seen her going off the rails with her shooting. She has been consistent since she’s first started at this level.
      She does seem to have a very laid back personality. Nothing seems to faze her. That could be her undoing at SF level ?‍♂️
      I do rate her a stronger GS than Wilson.

Edgecombe played a decent game. When she has the ball, she does some good things with it. However she does drive away from the ball, and at times drives on top of her own players.
      She has some great height on her, and once she’s developed her WA game, can see her being very similar to an Adine Wilson.

Bailey Mes is thriving in this Magic uniform. I already have her back in the Ferns team ? How good was Rowland? Coming on in that last quarter, and be so calm was fantastic to watch. She did not look out of place, or even flustered by the situation.

LDB – you can stay for the rest of the season ?

TB
      Participant

I forgot to mention, Claire Kersten did a wealth of work today. I’m not her biggest fan, and TBH feel she shouldn’t be in the Ferns team.
        But you have to applaud her strong work ethic. She was doing a lot of work in attack, probably to help out Edgecombe. And her defensive work combined with Winders, was amazing to watch.

I don’t know who got MVP, but I would say she was one of the top contenders.

enozlas
        Participant

There’s obviously been a clear intent to bring Eke back in gradually.. but I’m confused if it’s the stronger/preferred combo that maybe the magic should have been starting Rowland and bringing on Eke to finish the game instead of the other way around?
          I think Rowland was fantastic today but it did fall apart a bit in recent games when the switch was made. If regardless of score line Eke was going to play 1 quarter, then a half, then a 3/4.. why not have her always finishing the games instead?

minkie
          Participant

Haven’t watched game (some of us have to work lol) sounds like a cracker thou and against Pulse. Love games that are close like that and relatively high scoring. Sad to see Maia maybe not in favour over Aliya (hate using surnames but her names a hard one for me lol). Even thou I don’t like some of Maia’s tactics I think she’s got more heart than Aliya and against Aus/Eng are tough tough games. Unsure what the future holds with selections for Noel’s but it’s great there’s a selection now (I’m still ‘smiley’ slightly miffed that Katrina’s out. Was so looking forward to Magic’s line up. Big and maybe first complimfrom you Ian re Bayes shot, fantastic lol, I’ll have to watch. This damn covid seems to be hitting NZ hard ?

minkie
            Participant

Enozlas there’s been some comments re Magics coach’s call. I don’t know, that kind of game plays above my pay grade lol

TB
              Participant

That’s a good point @enozlas
                However I don’t think it necessarily affects the shooters, as I thought Rowland came on very strong. And Mes combines well with both shooters.
                I do feel it affects more the midcourt, in particular Edgecombe. Her play works better when Ekenasio is on.

enozlas
                Participant

Yes I agree. Regardless of whether it’s the middies or goalies who are more effected though, if the team as a whole performs better with her on court it just makes more sense to me to have her finishing games instead. Maybe not when it was only the one quarter but when she played the half and then the 3/4 yesterday it’s more than enough time for that to have a major impact on the outcome.

RMB
                  Participant

i might be a bit bias being a tactix supporter but i think Kimi Poi is the answer to t hat 🙂

RMB
                    Participant

Leana is twice Tianas age and played her 1st silver fern game in 2003 when Tiana was 2, the irony! still a good match up

Netballfan1
                      Participant

There’s a great Inside Netball podcast about Ekanasios return to play

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top