2022 SSN ROUND 14

2022 SSN ROUND 142022-06-11T09:37:08+10:00
Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Lenise’s Instagram story gave me relationship vibes not netball vibes. She still has #adelaidethunderbirds in her bio. I feel like if it was netball related, it would have been taken out asap…

D-fencr
      Participant

I thought that too sarahk90 but she put up a pic of her and her boyfriend looking happy immediately after. I too got the vibes that she was told she wasn’t getting another contract. But could be wildly wrong!

Jase
        Participant

Surprised people are saying Pottgeiter isn’t the problem at the Thunderbirds. She is by far and way the weakest GS in the league. Whilst the Thunderbirds midcourt isn’t great it isn’t helped by having a below average (relative to rest of the league) target who has no shooting range and far too many turnovers. Was flabbergasted that during the signing period she was retained as an international signing when local either unsigned or bench talent like Wallam, Austin, Samason were unsigned.
          In saying all that I do hope they have treated her with respect in letting her go (and not gone against some unwritten contract) if that is what the IG post refers to. The TBirds have some form in not being the best in this regard.

mcleod
          Participant

How about the Tbirds go for some Australian players for a change.

sarahk90
            Participant

Thunderbirds only have 3 internationals which is the same amount of Collingwood and most others have 2 so its not the different

netballgirl
              Participant

Nothing wrong with having international players, they make the game exciting.
                We are also giving them a chance to play in a league they deserve to be apart of.
                We need to remember some countries aren’t as fortunate to have a netball league.

It’s like telling the best international NBA players their spot on the team
                Should be given to a local with a lesser playing ability just because of their country of origin.

I hope portgieter stays, she isn’t the problem in the tbirds, it’s the ball supply to her, they need to rearrange their mid court or find a new coach.
                I’m thinking Lisa Alexander. She has one thing they desperately need, winning mentality.

JR
                Participant

mcleod’s comment made me wonder how many international players were in each team.

Fever have Fowler and Francis-Bayman
                  T’Birds have Sterling, Wilson and Potgieter
                  Magpies have Nelson, Ward and Mentor
                  Giants have Harten
                  Vixens have Kumwenda
                  Swifts have Housby and Wallace
                  Firebirds have Usoro-Brown and Aiken-George (tho’ the latter has Australian citizenship so not sure if she’s counted as an International anymore)
                  Lightning have Dehaney and Pretorius

Goalers (5-6 x GS!!!) and Defenders galore.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by JR.
                  Maryann
                  Participant

Potgieter had some issue just after her return to South Africa last year and the whole off season appeared, according to her insta, to be her getting over heart break, a breakdown, and trying to deal with whatever happened and heal. I was surprised to see her return to Thunderbirds for the start of the season, despite being contracted, given the effect it had on her so maybe she is referring to that and nothing to do with Thunderbirds.

I believe that is why she did not play for South Africa in their last series.

netballgirl
                    Participant

Hopefully it would be sad to see her go.
                      Someone pointed out Mvula is playing overseas next season, wonder where she will slot in, if not at the Tbirds.

Also I think Gabi Simpson may retire at the end of this season and Malcolm will take her place.

meg02
                      Participant

Check NZ thread. Malcolm with Dunn to Tactix.

sarahk90
                          Participant

It was just announced Mvula is going to Pulse in the ANZ league as well

StatsNerd21
                            Participant

Will there be a NS team of the week this week?

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Go to Top