2024 SSN ROUND 12

2024 SSN ROUND 122024-06-28T18:16:43+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Check out the improvement. They’re going to be mighty hard to stop from here…

Thunderbirds v Fever:
      Round 6 – Fever 57-56
      Round 10 – Thunderbirds 68-50

Thunderbirds v Vixens:
      Round 2 – Vixens 54-53
      Round 12 – Thunderbirds 73-58

Tully
      Participant

Or do Fever and Vixens take their lessons and come back in finals? They have the players to do it.

TBirds need Frew’s ankle to be ok. Horjus is needed in WA.

1/4 time: Lightning 20-18

A competitive game, a bit scrappy with several unforced errors. Lightning just shading it, but Mavericks showing enough to suggest this is anyone’s game. Mavs heavily penalised.

Gains: MAV 3-2
            Penalties: MAV 19-8
            Turnovers: MAV 6-5

1/2 time: Lightning 37-34

You get the feeling this could be tight the whole way. Whenever Lightning seems to gain the upper hand, Mavs just fight right back. Tayla Fraser has been in everything for them.

Gains: 6-6
              Penalties: MAV 37-27
              Turnovers: MAV 11-9

3/4 time: Lightning 55-54

Mavericks won that quarter and reduced the gap to just one. You really can’t tell who’s going to take this one out, but it looks certain that it’s going to come down to the power 5

Gains: 9-9
                Penalties: MAV 57-38
                Turnovers: MAV 15-12

Well, here we are. Once again, Lightning seemed to be in some sort of control, but a couple of careless turnovers and we’re back all square with 3 minutes left!

Tully
                  Participant

How did Mavericks do that to Lightning twice?!

Why is Sinclair getting such limited court time. So critical in all their wins.

I really thought Lightning had 4th wrapped up. They still are well placed based on % but they have Adelaide in the final round. Mavs have Giants and fever. Could Mavs do the unthinkable and make finals??

Participant

Oh no- Steph Fretwell getting mad at herself instead of going for her rebound. It bounced right back at her in the two zone with a tiny gasp of time to go for another ????

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Montyandpoppy.

Full time: Mavericks 72-71

For Mavericks, Tayla Fraser with a well earned POTM award. Possibly her best game at this level. In a losing team, Liz Watson was outstanding.

Once again, Lightning was outscored during Power 5 time. That’s a real problem for them. Gabby Sinclair was on court for Mavs for 5 minutes, but what an important 5 minutes that was!

Round 4 – Lightning led going into the final minute, but Gabby Sinclair sank 2 super shots in quick succession and Mavs won by 1.

Round 12 – Lightning led going into the final minute, but Gabby Sinclair sank 2 super shots in quick succession and Mavs won by 1.

Flb
                          Participant

Remarkable. I had to stop watching in the third quarter. I appreciate the updates.

I totally agree Tully, Sinclair has been so important in their success this season.

Tully
                            Participant

Eddy played for Fury tonight. Hopefully pulls up well post game and will be back for Vixens next week.

al_ex
                              Participant

Fraser was exceptional. At her best I truly believe she is far better than Jovic and Nankivell. I was hoping she would push for Diamonds squad this year, but it’s nice to see her bringing some good form at the end of the season. I thought it was very strange they pulled her off even if she got a warning, but it all worked out well for them in the end. Hopefully she keeps getting more court time, she was far better than Nankivell today and they wouldn’t have won without her.

To be honest I think the starting lineup should be Jok and Sinclair. Cardwell is a great player, but she’s not really a GA and Jok is in amazing form. I still think it’s crazy Jok didn’t get a contract this year, the Swifts should be throwing everything they have at her.

The Lightning have their moments but they just haven’t clicked. I know she has had injury concerns but I am quite concerned by Bruce’s form. Ervin has been quite consistently better than her the past few weeks. I expect Lightning will still make finals though and they will be dangerous when they get there.

Swifts1
                                Participant

So happy for the Mavs such an exciting game to watch. As a Swiftie it is nice to see Fraser finally get a chance to show what she is capable of.
                                  The Mavs will have some hard decisions to make in the off season re their shooting circle.
                                  I would love to see Jok at the Swifts and agree they should do everything they can to get her but it seems like she is pretty settled in Melbourne so think it is a long shot at best.
                                  Similarly I think the Lightning might need to make some decisions about its defensive end. I assume that Ervin’s game has progressed more quickly than Lightning anticipated and now she is too good for the bench. If I were the Giants I would throw everything at trying to lure away with promise of 60 min games week in week out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top