2024 SSN ROUND 5

2024 SSN ROUND 52024-05-10T11:51:28+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 202 total)
  • Author

iona
        Participant

There’s another sister waiting in the wings!

TB
          Participant

Dwan and Moore scored the same amount as SB. That’s a concern! Surely Dwan is capable of putting up a lot more than that?

CharlesWB
            Participant

As a Firebirds fan, that was painful to watch (actually went to bed at half time, I have never done that before ever)

And what’s going on with Tippah? She didn’t play like this last year for Thunderbirds did she? (I do not recall her contributing so few goals even in the first two games this year). Why on earth as a coach would you *not* be encouraging such a talented and accurate (usually) shooter such as her to actually… you know.. shoot!

Tully
              Participant

What is wrong with Dwan’s knee? Very heavy strapping each week. She started the season well but was comprehensively outplayed by Weston last week and then looked like she had no confidence this week.

What is going on with FBs coaches? Nourse and Dever don’t give the players anything. Bulley speaks but without value. I love RBD as a player but last night was one of her worst games. She was lost. She wasn’t tagging the GA and was just dropping to space but not covering anything. She needed help so Bulley just asks her what she thinks is working?!? Then Kamo gets taken off despite being so close to so many balls, maybe she just needed some coaching guidance on positioning, stay off body more and give herself a chance to get up? Rav as captain and WD was silent in the timeouts. I can’t imagine Parmenter or Moloney as WDs would just stand around and say nothing in the timeout, they brain storms ideas and come up with a strategy to help their circle out.

D-fencr
                Participant

Ummm… Cardwell to miss and she’s been replaced with Nat Medhurst? What?

Guyza
                    Participant

I also thought Wallam looked looked pretty uninspired. She looked the most animated when talking with the Aryang sisters and Fever players after the match. I wonder if she’s waiting until Fowler-Nembhard retires so she can move back west.

D-fencr
                      Participant

There were lots of rumours she wanted to leave Firebirds this season but no clear place for her to go. I wonder how many years Jhaniele has left in her? Could be quite a few.

schmeetle
                        Participant

Wrt Butler for Mavs – why bother having training partners???

D-fencr
                          Participant

I thought the same thing schmeetle, but do they have any training partner shooters? Problem being Streutker is also out injured.

StatsNerd21
                            Participant

I suppose that’s both of their starting shooters, plus signed injury replacement out (Streutker with an ankle)- they’d be playing with a TP, their planned bench shooter, and Jok who isn’t on a proper contract.

Fair enough IMO, they’ve bought in so many TPs already! They do have Palavi, but Jok/Sinclair/Palavi is literally the Magpies shooting end, and we all know how well that worked out. Actually, I guess it’s the Magpies either way…

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by StatsNerd21.

1/4 time: Tbirds 16-11

Things were looking extremely grim for the home side at 16-5 before three late super shots helped the Mavericks’ score line greatly. Great first Q from Aiken-George who has 12/12 as well as rebounding 2 of her teammate’s misses.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 202 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top