2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Neville would be guaranteed to have spoken with Cardwell. Just cause they have spoken with Glasgow and Garbin doesn’t rule out a conversation with Cardwell. The SEN recruitment wouldn’t be doing their job if they hadn’t sounded her out. No one can make offers, intent to offer at most which means not a lot. All clubs will be talking to far more players than they will actually offer contracts to.

Throw out enquiry and see what bites you get. It’s like what Aiken’s husband who is Sterling’s manager said about Sterling….. he has been contacted by every club in the world about Shamera.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Tully.
      Swifts1
      Participant

I love speculation on player movement but some of the things suggested here are far fetched. Sam Wallace hasn’t played netball in 2 years I can’t see many other clubs apart from the Swifts be willing to take the risk. I would love to see Garbin at the Vixens to build her Diamond connections with Watson and Austin but really any team where she will be the starting GS. I would love to Ward at the Swifts but think that is both greedy and unlikely. If the Giants are signing both Ward and Elle Temu they would have drop either Moore or Mcdonell which would be sad. Please keep the speculation coming I need something to fill the netball void.

Tully
        Participant

Giants could sign McDonnell, Moore, Temu and Ward. Then just run with 3 midcourters of Parmenter, Price and Hay. Yes it’s short on WA options but that is not a new issue for Giants! Parmenter would need to work on her C game which I’d imagine is part of her evolution anyway. It would be unfortunate for Sligar who I rate as one of the best young defensive midcourters in Australia. If she got more SSN court time in her preferred positions rather than WA she would be right alongside Tayla Williams. Would be a good thing for Sligar to be out of the shadow of Price and Parmenter, would definitely get more court time elsewhere. If my Moloney speculation is on the money then Sligar would fit in at Vixens or if it’s wrong then Sligar joining her sister at SCL could work well.

Garbin may end up at vixens but I think it’s a long shot. Vixens approached her very early on. Didn’t really go anywhere, not off the table but they moved on to eyeing Van De Berg fairly quickly (before WC). It’s far more likely that they will sign VDB.

As for Wallace. I agree it’d be a risky move for a new club. I wonder if she may even end up as a TP at Swifts hence why Swifts have shown interest in Garbin.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Tully.
          Swifts1
          Participant

Good point Tully re the Giants potentially signing Temu, Ward, Moore and McDonnel but think that would be wasting one of their contracts spots. I can’t see Parmy spending much time on the bench so that would potentially leave Moore and McDonnell spending significant amounts of time on the bench with not many change up options in attach but as you say this is something that the Giants don’t seen to mind. The bigger questions for the Giants is Harten and whether she has another season in her (I hope so) and whether they feel Letherbarrow is ready to take the starting bib.

Shooter Tamara
            Participant

Agreed that would be a waste of a signing, realistically they need both Ward and Temu, plus a sharp WA option, maybe this year Harten will cut down a little, and Letherbarrow step up, out of curiosity tho where could Moore, and McDonnell go?

Tully
              Participant

Either way (4th defender v backup WA) pushes Sligar out. She would get plenty of interest. Hope she ends up somewhere where she will get good court time in WD or C.

netballgirl
                Participant

If giants don’t offer Sligar a contract, I don’t think she’ll get one unfortunately. She hasn’t had enough game time to show potential teams what she can do.

Tully
                  Participant

Plenty of players have been signed interstate on less SSN court time. Underage nationals and ANC are watched. Rudi Ellis was a Vixens TP and ANL winner with Fury but had no SSN courtime when FBs signed her. Miller to SCL was another. Dunkley had about 10 minutes in her TRP season with Vixens (plus TGC) when FBs signed her. Emily Moore to FBs (Lauren Frew was invited up at the same time to trial for the spot).

sarahk90
                    Participant

Anyone else very impatient for the signing period to start? I feel like we haven’t heard anything for ages about when the agreement is likely going to be signed considering it was expected to be done the day after World Cup or something

elinetball
                      Participant

Garbin looked happy/content with COLL, she’ll likely sign to VIX or SEN.
                        Bruce is unhappy at WCF (per many reports), SCL unlikely. VIX or NSW maaaaaybeeee. SEN unlikely ($$$$$)
                        if any Thunderbirds leave (UNLIKELY, Sterling/Wilson are linked and both have said they are T’Birds strong, Horjus/Austin I would imagine want to stay at the reigning premiers, I don’t see them defecting, Cardwell is the only question mark.)
                        Romelda may stay at NSW, though Wallace is back this season so it may cause her complications, maybe she can fill the void if Cardwell leaves THU? Idk if Tania could pay RAG hahaha. Fadoju can fill the void left by Bruce at WCF.

SSN Transfer predictions:
                        Fadoju (INTL) > WCF
                        Bruce WCF > VIX/NSW
                        Dwan THU > SCL
                        Garbin COLL > SEN/VIX

elinetball
                        Participant

Fadoju to WCF?? Fadoju and Aryang as GD/GK Rudi Ellis as INT GK/GD?

netballgirl
                          Participant

I have a feeling Cardwell will stay, j don’t think Neville will jeopardise her friendship with obst over it. Especially if they can get Garbin they are similar.

I don’t think Dwan will move to scl to sit behind wood, she’ll move once wood retires. That being said I can see Dwan moving to the new team she has a close relationship with Neville.

Fadoju to firebirds to feel the void of Simpson. I have a gut feeling Dan will bring over Zimbabwe defender Kwangwa, she had the most intercepts in the tournament!! Plus she’s had a season over in England.

SEN
                            shooters
                            Garbin
                            Nelson
                            taljaard or Austin

Middies
                            Mundy
                            Jovic
                            Cransberg
                            ?

Defenders
                            F Williams
                            Dehaney
                            ?

Brown to SCL and Scherian/miller not to get contracts.

Maryann
                            Participant

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/132751667/why-the-worlds-top-netball-league-faces-a75-million-black-hole
                              Reading this the players might have to reduce their pay expectations and find part time work/study/whatever like the Ferns have to.

Tully
                              Participant

Wow, so on code they are saying Watson is going to SCL. I was close when I called Moloney to SCL but got the wrong Vixen Diamond!

I do expect Vixens are doing everything possible to retain Mundy. She is the future and would be priority signing 1 for me, which is why I have always thought she would be a Vixen. Austin’s best games were all with Mundy at WA and they are good friends so hopefully Austin stays.

Same Code article says Eddy wants to stay at Vixens despite lots of interest. Again I’m not surprised by that. Eddy has always spoken about how much she loves the club. Same article does indicate her role may change a little so hopefully more time in the circle, if so will be interesting to see who plays WD.

So Watson and Bruce, unless players are leaving surely the salary cap is tight at SCL?!?

Swifts1
                                Participant

Agree Tully re salary cap at Lightning. Not sure how they would afford both Bruce and Watson plus retain current players. I think if SEN want to build a fan base in Victoria they should be throwing everything at Watson as she would bring a large chunk of vixen fans along with her just like when Green and Pettitt went to the Giants. I was gutted when they left the Swifts but have maintained 2 memberships ever since.
                                  I hope Eddy’s loyalty will be rewarded by the Vixens. I think she was hard done by this year as it was usually her on the bench to make way for Mundy rather than Moloney or Watson. I’m guessing if she is in the circle than Moloney is WD

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,011 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top