2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Kelsey Browne doing halftime interviews at today’s Melbourne v Sydney men’s basketball.

Shooter Tamara
      Participant

Busy weekend for KB, Saturday night doing media interviews for racing.com at Sandown Greyhounds

mcleod
        Participant

Just reading about the owner of SEN and the money issues, I wonder if the Mavricks might not even get the 1st pass away.

Maryann
          Participant

@McLeod – that will have a number of netballers worried, especially those that were well paid and jumped ship.

netballgirl
            Participant

Is Nyah going to tbirds? Code sport article said she’s a potential for a club, no other clubs need a GA?

iona
              Participant

I just watched a news article on Gina Reinhart and how she is supporting the Australian Synchronized Swimming team with her donations. If only!

TB
                Participant

Everything happens for a reason!

Shooter Tamara
                  Participant

The longer this shit goes on surely 2024 season must be in doubt

schmeetle
                    Participant

@Maryann @mcleod yeah I thought when I read the article how many of the to-be Mavericks players were wondering if they’d hitched their horse to the wrong cart.

For those that haven’t seen the news, here’s a portion of the article:

“ Reports emerged this week that SEG, which includes the extensive Sports Entertainment Network and its SEN Teams division, which will run the Melbourne Mavericks next year, was at the mercy of the Commonwealth Bank after it breached loan conditions.”

“ The uncertainty stems from a going concern note included in the auditor’s notes in the SEG annual report.

The report, prepared at the end of October and released ahead of the company’s AFM next week, includes a note from auditors BDO Audit that “a material uncertainty exists that may (cause) significant doubt over the ability of the Group to continue as a going concern. The Directors consider that the Group remains a going concern and that and these financial statements have been prepared on this basis.

Reasons for their optimism included SEG’s continued positive cash flow despite a reported operating loss of $9.2m, no plans for further material investing, forecast improved trading performance and support of creditors and suppliers.”

That line from the Directors about no plans for further material investing has me worried – is the netball not an investment, in that they will be putting money in and expecting a return (or at least not a loss)?

StatsNerd21
                              Participant

Wow, I didn’t expect that! One of my favourite players- sometimes erratic but I’ve always loved watching her play, and she was so sweet when I met her.
                                I honestly think Fever could elevate Jordan AND Zoe Cransberg, they’re both quality players.

NB12
                                Participant

Congratulations to Verity.

I think the Cransberg sisters together are great options and they are the future. If they were seeking more GA cover, they could go back to Cosh but I think it’s better to look to the future.

If ATN could get her shooting to come good she would be such an asset to Fever and Australia, I wonder if that is in their plans?

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,011 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top