2024 ANZ PREMIERSHIP

2024 ANZ PREMIERSHIP2024-01-16T23:09:54+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 359 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great team for the Stars, although some questions over their defence end for me as I think Nawai-Caucau is a better impact player than a starter. A shame that Malesala will be benchwarming after the season she had. I’m not familiar with Rahni too much apart from her long range shooting – is she a better GA or GS?

D-fencr
      Participant

Some other Australian posters will be more informed on Rahni than me, but she’s probably more a GS and played there at VNL level, but is serviceable at GA. Incredibly accurate, will shoot from anywhere. Didn’t play this season (or big chunks of previous seasons) due to injury. A big shame to lose her from SSN, but I can see why she would move if it gives her more court time, we have a lot of shooters and not enough spots.

thunder123
          Participant

Wonder if Sam Winders has a contract anywhere.

thunder123
            Participant

Does anyone know anything about Emma Thompson?

Tully
              Participant

Emma Thompson is a midcourter. Plays with Casey in VNL. She did spend last year in Sydney and played with Giants academy. I think she might have NZ heritage.

Samason is far stronger at GS than GA. I suspected a move to NZ would be on the cards. A fresh environment after struggling hugely with her knees over the last two years. Very accurate, from everywhere. I am surprised she has gone to Stars given they have Wilson. But maybe the NZ style will suit her more out at GA or can Wilson play there? Either way Stars have a new fan in me and I’m backing Rahni to be exceptional. She will look wonderful in a black dress in the future :rose:

TB
                Participant

I think I read somewhere, that Wilson wanted to spend more time at GA.

nanator
                  Participant

Would be great to see Winders picked up by an SSN team. Might be just what she needs to revitalise her SF chances.

Lightning and the new SSN team (replace Braz) could be potential avenues

Netballfan1
                    Participant

My bet is still Winders to Tactix. She’s quite a like for like replacement for Malcolm, and it’s in the SI which is ideal for her partner

Kerryn
                      Participant

Steel 2024
                        Ivari Christie
                        Abby Erwood
                        Taneisha Fifita
                        George Fisher
                        Georgia Heffernan
                        Kate Heffernan
                        Grace Namana
                        Renee Savai’inaea
                        Shannon Saunders
                        Jeante Strydom

museboy
                        Participant

On the supposed two imports…

“Steel chief executive Sonya Fleming confirmed the franchise was able to enlist a second international player as Fisher was no longer classed as ineligible under the competition’s rules.

“George has now lived in New Zealand for the past two years and meets the eligibility criteria set by netball’s governing body,” she said.”

museboy
                          Participant

Not too impressed with the defenders – quite a short defensive circle.

Maryann
                              Participant

Has anyone seen further updates on the 2024 teams? I read that the signing period has closed (in an article to do with SSN debacle).

mcleod
                                Participant

Yes waiting for the Tactix final signing. Neisan gone quiet.
                                  Also 2 Pulse to be named still.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 359 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top