2024 SSN ROUND 4

2024 SSN ROUND 42024-05-03T13:32:06+10:00
Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Full time: Fever 75-59

Another convincing Fever win as they continue on their merry way and cement their spot on top of the ladder. It’s hard to find a weakness in this team. Is their one? Sunday Aryang is POTM with 6 gains and 11 deflections!

Guyza
      Participant

Mavs must be ruing not offering Browne a contract. She’s on fire. Amazed at how underrated Fever were going into this season in retrospect.

iona
        Participant

Yes some “experts” had them finishing 5th!

NB12
          Participant

Fever are looking fit and they can use their bench for impact, change up or fresh legs but most importantly they seem to be playing for each other.

Something I have been pondering is a question mark over what Nerida Stewart brought to the set up/lacked when she was at Fever because they were pretty underwhelming last year and there were murmurs of players having issues with the coaching. We assumed that was about Dan Ryan. Nerida is now at Giants and that team just isn’t gelling, yet most have played together for a while now.

I’m not saying Nerida as a person is the problem but I don’t get the sense that she contributes very much at this level.

StatsNerd21
            Participant

That’s a great point NB12, and I’d hope most of the players would get along well with Sara Francis-Bayman given the club’s close relationship with Stacey (not that there’s many 2022 players left).

iona
              Participant

Fever look like a very happy bunch of girls. No dramas just a team where each player does their job.

k4tm4c
                Participant

Following TGC, I had picked Fever as missing this year’s finals, but this was wishful thinking.

After losing the preliminary final last year, Dan Ryan is applying the lesson he learned – you must be able to play anyone in the squad of 10 players at any time. This has made Fever an even more terrifying team than before ( who thought that was possible?)

Something JFitz needs to put into practise – players can’t make an impact if they stay on the bench.

benmac4
                    Participant

Kelsey Browne was almost going to retire after last season

Surely both Giants and Mavericks would be sitting there thinking they made a huge mistake.

Also with the form Sunday Aryang is having some clubs should be looking at poaching Fran Williams she is far too good a player to spend this much time on the bench (not blaming fever i think Dehaney and Aryang are a great pairing). Mavs and Giants both would be better off with her

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Go to Top