2024 SSN ROUND 4

2024 SSN ROUND 42024-05-03T13:32:06+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What a incredible last few minutes one that I will rewatch quite a few times

I was super skeptical when I heard Gabo Sinclair was signed but she’s been super impressive

StatsNerd21
      Participant

That was an absolutely crazy last quarter. Up until the Cassidy moment I was sure Mavs were out of it- although that turnover might be a bit of netball karma for convincing the umpires she hadn’t knocked a ball out when she so had.

Obviously not saying that she deserved the injury! She probably looked the most injured out of all the players, except Black. I don’t think it was a knee, she was hopping confidently and surely that would be a lot of bumping if there was a knee?

All of that last minute mayhem happened while Cardwell and Bruce were on the side lines watching on.

POTM was Molly Jovic who ended the match with 25 assists, 2 gains and 6 pickups. For Lightning, Liz Watson had 30 assists and zero turnovers.

D-fencr
          Participant

I feel for Fraser, she openly said she wanted to go to Mavericks for more court time at WA, but she’s getting less court time than she had at Swifts. It would be difficult.

Swifts1
              Participant

Is JFitz that stubborn?

k4tm4c
                Participant

I lost respect for JFitz when she refused to put Susan Petit on the court for her final game (Harten ended up calling injury time and subbed herself off in the last minute).

Time out. Tbirds lead 13-8. Lauren Frew is having a great game so far, 6/6 including a super shot, and a few great long feeds into Romelda.

Swifts1
                    Participant

Dwyer had 5 turnovers in that quarter. I hope Matisse leaves the Giants after this season as I have no idea what she needs to do to get on court.

1/4 time: Thunderbirds 18-12

A Jo Harten super shot on 1/4 time gets the lead back to 6 but Tbirds were in control for most of the first quarter. Not a happy start for Sophie Dwyer again this week with 4 turnovers already.

Tully
                        Participant

Well done Mavs. I’m definitely no fan of theirs but even I was screaming in excitement in the last minute. Great for the competition to see them get a win.

Lightning just seemed to get a bit stagnant and predictable at the end. Ervin continues her impressive rise.

Giants dear oh dear. But 12 in the first quarter is a massive stepnu9z Dwyer doesn’t look happy. Considering the form of Dwan wouldn’t be surprised to see Dwyer drop out of Duaminds unless she snaps out of her current slump. I think Letherbarrow is a on a 2 year contract unfortunately. Otherwise I’m sure another club would snap her up.

Tully
                          Participant

I saw Black is in a moon boot but what is her actual injury?

StatsNerd21
                            Participant

All they’ve said so far is that she ‘damaged her ankle’ at top up training. Maybe she’s off for scans?
                              Original statement said it was just a roll but commentators reckon she is out for season- she did have crutches too.

StatsNerd21
                              Participant

Almost half time and Dwyer has -43.5 NNP, with 8 turnovers. Yikes.

1/2 time: Tbirds 37-23

Tbirds dominant. Last week, Giants went for one period of 10 mins without a goal. In this Q, they were stuck on a score of 14 for 7 minutes before Letherbarrow finally landed a super shot! Then Dwyer scored 3 more.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top