2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-08T09:33:02+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 979 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was really hoping Nyah Allen would get a chance somewhere, she’s been a TP for a few years but hasn’t gotten enough chances in my opinion (but promising enough when she has).

Feel for Lewis if Ellis gets a contract instead of her, hope that’s not the case though and she’s just decided to move elsewhere.

Participant

It confuses me why Garbin let herself end up at pies too. When you sign, are you privy to other signings? So would she know Nelson was signing on again for example? Or can teams be cagey about that?

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

I mean they’re probably not privy to it but I’m sure teams wouldn’t have a problem disclosing player returns that are relevant to the new signing because you don’t want disgruntled players right?

Tully
          Participant

Strong team for Collingwood. After Garbin and Lind I think the remaining 8 are as expected. None the less good to see it confirmed.

I expect Garbin will start. Sinclair though will still get court time especially in the super shot period seeing as Garbin hasn’t used it much if at all historically. Interesting that Sinclair has only signed for one year. Finished the season very well I thought but perhaps does t want to get locked in to a ‘super shot’ role like we have seen players such as Dwan take on.

Will be keen to see what Nyah Allen does. Magpies haven’t really developed many TPS through to SSN contracts – Lind and Bragg, was Sinclair a former TP with them? Giants, Vixens, TBirds etc seem to develop more SSN ready TPS or maybe they just have superior talent ID at the outset.

Anyway Nyah Allen could get a TP spot at many clubs or even be in contention for a contract at Lightning or Swifts.

Laura Geitz is doing a Q &A on Instagram. Whilst I suspect she has an ear to the ground about movements across the league as a whole I would imagine she would know most about FBs. She is predicting some big movement news soon.

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

To be honest, I think they didn’t offer Sinclair a 2 year contract. They’re going to see how the attack end plays out this year and base it off of that.

sami j
              Participant

I don’t know if its just me but I feel/hope that Garbin can potentially take the starting GS position off Nelson. I feel she would be easier to feed and Nelson off the bench could offer impact

Tully
                Participant

Just chatting to a friend that knows a few people in NV. Told me two things she has heard but I stress has not confirmed. One made me happy whilst one broke my heart.

Austin to Vixens
                  Smith to Swifts

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tully.
                  NB12
                  Participant

Nyah Allen would be a great pick up for Swifts. She is still a little raw but Briony is the perfect coach to grow her game, and of course a great team culture.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

Smith to Swifts, wow I didn’t even think about that (most people kept suggesting Eddy. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing that. I think she’d be very well embraced by the team and she’s a great cover for multiple positions.

Allen to Swifts would be great but i feel like they might try to promote a local player. But I would love to see her there, I think it offers an opportunity to learn from a more experienced GA at this level (no offence to Sinclair or anything just think it’s a great opportunity and could take her game to the next level).

Tully
                      Participant

As a Smith fan I’ve been concerned she would leave Vixens. Ridiculously underused this year. So I understand.

Swifts haven’t really promoted local talent (except Fraser) the last few years and need a WD so recruiting Smith makes sense 😥

I wonder if Dehaney is leaving or staying?
                        After Vixens made a ridiculous amount of hype over retaining their ‘core 4’ I’ll be disappointed if they’ve lost the young talent.

TB
                        Participant

Maybe for Garbin the draw card to Pies, was Nic Richardson being the Diamonds assistant coach?
                          I agree with others comments, it does seem a bit strange that she’s moved to Collingwood, with Nelson still there.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by TB.
                          mcniffy23
                          Participant

I think it’s true! I just looked at her Insta, and the first 2 follower I saw, were Maddy Proud and The Swift’s Insta!

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Ooooh exciting! I like this move, she is going to have a chance to get much more court time and will be playing alongside a great defensive combo (not that she wasn’t before).

Sarah0
                              Participant

I’ll be disappointed if Swifts sign Smith, if Sligar was available (if Giants didn’t already sign her)

noname
                                Participant

think this move will do allie well , hopefully shell get lots of court time

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 979 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top