2024 SSN ROUND 1

2024 SSN ROUND 12024-04-11T22:41:50+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Participant

They would never bring in Andrew for Mundy. Andrew can’t cover any midcourt position. Vixens have spent 2 years training Barkmeyer as a GA – WA slide. They could also move Austin to WA and play Graham at GA. They have had Tara Watson train with them but she is at nationals.

What is wrong with Mundy? I don’t like the sound of the late minute announcement scant on detail. Vixens posted an IG message to the Vic U17 and U 19s and both Weston and Mundy were missing. I thought at the time it wasn’t a good sign.

Tully
      Participant

It’s a shame that Barkmeyer didn’t get any courtime in official practice matches just scratch matches. I understand they wanted to maximise opportunities for Walters but would have been good today.

I’m confident in this midcourt but Mannix out at GD is a big loss. Ellis wasn’t great at TGC and Mannix is so good at GK. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them bring Coffey on and push Mannix back.

netballgirl
        Participant

Excited for the Mavs, I hope they can win this.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Ellis is actually having quite a good start (though is highly penalised and got a footwork call). I’ve never actually seen her fly at anything before this!

Tully
            Participant

Vixens have two big problems. One they are getting umpired out of it, penalty count would not be pretty. Will be interesting to see if that holds true when they change ends.

Austin needs to get into this game. At first I thought she was trying to compensate for Walters settling in but after some early nerves Walters has settled well and Austin needs to get in the circle and go to post.

Vixens up 21-15

TB
                Participant

Fraser Jovic and Sinclair keep running over each other. It’s quite frustrating to watch ????‍♂️

1/2 time: Vixens 36-29

Entertaining game. Vixens with the edge, but Mavericks putting up a good show in their first match. The Vixens attacking line is working beautifully. Zara Walters having a stormer in her debt match. Jovic and Cardwell firing for Mavs.

D-fencr
                    Participant

How good is it to see Sophie Garbin playing domestic netball with a GS bib on?

D-fencr
                      Participant

As soon as I say that McKinnis swaps her into GA and the vixens turn it over twice.

StatsNerd21
                        Participant

Poor Maisie has had a shocking start- first a dodgy feed into Streutker that got intercepted, then a pass that fell onto her foot and rolled away. Hopefully she sorts it out, I really rated her until her form slump in the last two years.

Jessie Grenvold is on for her first game, and she takes a rebound. Mavs are right in this, just 6 behind.

Eleanor Cardwell with a super shot on the buzzer to level the 3rd Q and that sees the 3/4 time score as Vixens 53-46.

Mavs are hanging on in there, but so far, Vixens have the answers, especially in attack. Sophie Garbin at GS. It’s great to see.

4 minutes left in this last Q and Vixens lead by 8. This has been a good first match up between these two. Hopefully many more good ones to come.

StatsNerd21
                                Participant

Neville has made some odd changes today! Maybe Obst has rubbed off on her instead of the other way around lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top