2024 SSN ROUND 1

2024 SSN ROUND 12024-04-11T22:41:50+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think Winders has been more of an option for them in WA than Pitman was. They certainly look better with Hay though!

moooz
      Participant

Shame Crampton didn’t move to Sydney sooner, I feel she would have been the better WA option with Hay out.

Full time: Fever 84-65

Harten 29/34 (5/8)
          Dwyer 22/32 (9/15)

Fowler-Nembhard 67/68 (3/4)
          Beckford 12/18 (0/2)
          Wilkinson 1/4 (1/3)

Gains: FEV 11-3
          Penalties: FEV 45-39
          Turnovers: GIA 16-8

POTM: Fowler-Nembhard

A comprehensive win from Fever.

D-fencr
            Participant

I remember watching Aiken in the 2013 GF playing for the Firebirds at the Entertainment Centre. Very weird to see her in the other colour.

Thunderbirds lead 18-14 at 1/4 time. It’s a pretty even contest apart from one player…

5 possession gains for Shamera in the first Q!

Morts
                Participant

Shamera is just SO good. And I love hearing Nat Medhurst, she should be in the main commentary team as opposed to just the sideline.

Quite an even game.. Aiken has been seamless into the Tbirds. Has the upper hand on Kamo. Lauren Frew also looking at home.

Thunderbirds just edging away slightly in this second quarter, but certainly not having it all their own way. Tbirds 33-26

1/2 time: Tbirds 37-33

Aiken-George 30/34
                      Frew 6/9 (1/1)

Wallam 22/25 (3/3)
                      Dwan 7/10 (1/3)

And just like that, Donnell Wallam with a super shot on the buzzer and the gap is just four.

Lauren Frew acquitting herself well for Tbirds in her debut match.

Morts
                      Participant

Firebirds are missing something.. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe no star players.. other than Wallam. No one really stepping up in defence or the mid court.. would be great to have Rav on.. and it feels like they need more of a dominant presence in their defensive circle.

3/4 time: Tbirds 52-51

Well, out of nowhere, we’ve got a game on our hands. Another super shot at the death from Wallam has the Firebirds just one away at 3/4 time. The lead was 7 as the teams entered the super shot period.

Tully
                          Participant

Is Williams injured? Otherwise I can’t fathom why Scherian is preferred at C. Scherian at C is a negative from me. Hesitant on the feed and not tight in defense.

I like Frew. This is a huge step up. Right now TBirds need a GA to take control. Shame they don’t have one oh what they have Horjus. Scherian is better at WA than they could bring Williams back, what….

On the other hand I love this FB midcourt. Gardner was building pre injury last year and looks ready to go to a new level this year.

Approaching halfway through the last Q, and Firebirds hit the front 57-56!

Tully
                              Participant

Why is Lucy Austin not on the court…???

Tully
                                Participant

Obst is so frustrating. Why did it take 50 minutes to work out they needed to run Williams C, Scherian WA and Horjus GA?

I really hope this game isn’t an indicator of the court time Austin will get this season. If it is TBirds will lose her.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top