2024 SSN ROUND 5

2024 SSN ROUND 52024-05-10T11:51:28+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I also noticed no enthusiasm from Wallam. She is usually much more animated.
      I think Jhanielle can play like she is for a few more years. Also Wallam is not that young.

D-fencr
      Participant

Aiken is playing like she’s 10 years younger this game.

Butler on to GA. Not sure Sinclair is the problem for them to be honest. Oh I see she’s replacing Shimona – also not sure she’s the issue.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by D-fencr.
        Stoj
        Participant

I didn’t think Jok or Sinclair were playing badly. The Mavs problem is the midcourt for me. No one really driving to the ball, too many overcooked passes because they aren’t working together.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Maybe Sinclair into WA?

1/2 time: Tbirds 32-18

Sadly it’s all falling down in attack for Mavs. The loss of Cardwell has made life difficult. It’s a shame, because they’re certainly having a go. Tbirds are just calmly going about their business. Tayla Williams starring for them again.

schmeetle
              Participant

Only seen the stats – looks as if moving to Mavs hasn’t changed Jenner’s playing style? Her individual penalty count over half of Thunderbirds team penalty count.

StatsNerd21
                Participant

Lewis needs her license to fly to be revoked! Last few plays Romelda has been alone in the circle while Lewis is jumping around at the transverse. Wouldn’t mind seeing her at GD if that’s how she wants to play.

Unfortunately, Gabby Sinclair, Molly Jovic, and Maisie Nankivell have 18 turnovers between them at this stage. Nobody on the Thunderbirds team has more than 2.

Tbirds 42-24.

D-fencr
                    Participant

Yes Jenner still playing very similar to how she was at Firebirds and Fever. Penalties galore. Manu’a seems more effective.

D-fencr
                      Participant

I don’t know what Mavs gain from playing Butler. It’s not building combinations and she’s not exactly being more effective than Sinclair.

3/4 time: Tbirds 47-27

Thunderbirds continue to push on, increasing their lead at every change. It’s just an all round team effort from them today. Meanwhile, Olivia Lewis has been one shining light for Mavs. 3 gains and 8 deflections so far.

StatsNerd21
                          Participant

Horrendous from Mavs. Defence hasn’t actually been too bad, Lewis and Manu’a have created a nice combo. Tbirds attack hasn’t been able to push the margin out Fever-style.

D-fencr
                            Participant

Mavs have actually been feeding Jok fairly well for the most part, nice low deliveries that keep Sterling out of it. But they’re getting a bit lazy now and Sterling is picking them off.

I think if Tbirds had left Aiken on they would have pushed on more, as it stands they’re giving the 22YO front line of Horjus-Frew-Austin a go.

D-fencr
                              Participant

I wasn’t that keen on Tbirds signing Scherian but her quick movement and ball speed is fitting in really well with the game plan.

Full time: Tbirds 59-37

In the end, a commanding Thunderbirds win. Their defence was just too good for a disjointed Mavericks attack today. The last quarter was the Shamera show as she came up with another 5 gains to take her tally to 8.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 202 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top