2024 ANZ PREMIERSHIP

2024 ANZ PREMIERSHIP2024-01-16T23:09:54+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A good reminder @Nesian. A lot of the non-Ferns would need to supplement their ANZP salaries and jumping cities in pursuit of court time isn’t as cut and dry as what the armchair critics might think!

Re the four middie, sounds like a local player then?

Maryann
      Participant

@WeWood that above as you said or hasn’t given their notice yet.
        Pretty much every Silver Fern works on top of training or study.

Kat
        Participant

Well I am not going to be popular saying this but what is with all the griping from Steel supporters? Steel has had a couple of bad years after years and years and years of being successful. No nobody wants to see a team not winning, but there have been other teams in the ANZ that have not been successful at all. But since it is the Steel there have been comments about they need help, poor them struggling so much, it is unfair how other teams have certain players, there should be a draft. With their import player Fisher back next year (fingers crossed) steel will do much better.
          Just reminder since the ANZ premiership, Steel 2 wins, Pulse 3 wins and Mystics 2 wins. Maybe Stars, Magic and Tactix should gripe because they haven’t won a championship.

Yip I know I will get so much shit flung at me for saying this.

What is up with the Invercargill Licensing Trust? They use to support the netball so much do they still?

museboy
          Participant

Completely agree Kat! Steel managed to nab JFR, Potgieter and Fisher. I was dirty at the Steel for benching their championship winner Jen O’Connell for Potgieter – this could be a bit of karma. B-)

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by museboy.
            Kat
            Participant

Thanks Museboy, glad someone else gets what I am saying.

Baller
              Participant

No problem having an opinion.

More recently the Steel have had trouble recruiting and have only picked up players looking for more courttime.

I would support teams applying for an extra import especially if another team isn’t using their quota. For reference, I don’t even support the Steel but we need our teams to be highly competitive. Being win less just isn’t good enough.

Kat
                Participant

If Fisher had played this year do you think Steel would have at least won a game? If so how many?

Very interested in people’s opinion. I think it would be quite possible they would have.

I just think all this talk about steel is far too premature. It was ONE season. No out cry last year when Taxtix came last or in 2021 and 2022 when Magic came last ( they only won one game in 2021 and two in 2020). 2019 it was Mystics turn, 2018 stars and 2017 Tactix. So actually this was Steel first turn coming last and the steel supporters think that everything is unfair. Yes it was a tough season but as already been said so have other teams had tough seasons.

Nesian
                  Participant

@Kat which Steel supporters are you referring to? I haven’t seen supporters moaning about the fact that they are last. I think the fact that they didn’t win any games this year is a point of difference, something that has never happened in the Championship before (I could be wrong about that). It would have been amazing this year if all six teams were in the hunt because it my opinion it still was the best Championship we have had to date.

I’m a Steel fan but I don’t think they deserve anything other that what the other teams have had access to. I’ve been critical for the way they have treated players in the past and maybe it is coming back to haunt them. They’ve lost a couple of players so far but they do have a new CEO in place so maybe she will change the culture a bit.

I still see Jen O’Connell walking around down here and she is looking better than ever, she plays in the men’s basketball competition down here and for the life of me I can’t figure out why a franchise hasn’t picked her up.

TB
                      Participant

Steel were unlucky that their starting GS went down with injury, and then their second strongest shooter started the season off injured too. It was always going to be a struggle for them. I think any team would suffer if they lost their shooters.

With Ellie Bird retiring maybe she may go into the “injury cover” pool like LDB, Rore and Harrison have done in the past. She’d be handy to have in there.

Kerryn
                        Participant

Charlotte Elley retiring too (according to her IG)

Netballfan1
                          Participant

Am I right in thinking Tactix haven’t resigned Koloto?

mcleod
                            Participant

Re-signed. Her name isn’t in the 11.

Baller
                              Participant

Hume departing the Stars.

I’m still predicting a Fisher/Hume combo.

RMB
                                Participant

Hume sort of got outshone by Aomarangi this season, i know she was coming back from injury but when she got some court time it wasnt the best, hope to see her with another team though

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 345 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top