2024 SSN ROUND 3

2024 SSN ROUND 32024-04-25T19:27:35+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tippah Dwan is looking great, her combo with Wallam is building nicely, shots are landing from everywhere. I’m sad she left Tbirds but I think this is a great move for her career.

Firebirds lead 19-16 after an entertaining first Q. The stats so far suggest it could have even been a bigger margin. Firebirds lead the gains 5-1, Swifts have had 5 turnovers to Firebirds’ 2 and the penalties are 18-11 against Swifts.

Time out Firebirds. A couple of costly errors and Swifts are back on level terms at 23-23. Helen Housby now off for a rest.

1/2 time: Firebirds 35-30

After Swifts took the lead, Firebirds dug deep and went on a 9-3 run in the second half of the 2nd Q. Lara Dunkley just carrying on from where she left off last week. She has 13 assists and no turnovers so far.

benmac4
            Participant

RBD KAMO AND VEVE have combined for 5 intercepts and 8 gains they have caused chaos in swifts attack line in the first half

Was bound to happen. after I said Lara Dunkley had no turnovers in the first half, she’s had 2 in 4 minutes to start the 3rd Q.

Firebirds 40-37

D-fencr
                Participant

Can Firebirds keep up the intensity all game?

tina_138
                  Participant

Tippah Dwan has improved from last season. She doesn’t look hesitant shooting..

Swifts1
                    Participant

Firebirds defence is absolutely suffocating. I know I am just saying this because the Swifts are behind but that male commentator is giving me the sh#ts. All credit to the Firebirds they are hungrier today.

benmac4
                      Participant

Dwans and firebirds as a whole feeds have improved a lot last season I feel like wallam had to do everything to pull them in but they’re putting it in the right spot now and she isn’t having to strain as much to get them

3/4 time: Firebirds 53-45

A Tippah Dwan super shot right on 3/4 time takes the lead out to 8. Remi Kamo is having an outstanding game so far. In fact, the whole Firebirds’ defence is. The tally is 14 gains to 6 so far and Kamo has 7 of the 14.

D-fencr
                          Participant

He is a footy-style commentator who is very Queensland parochial. Agree he’s not great.

Swifts1
                            Participant

I have no idea what is behind the rumours that Wallam is unhappy at the Firebirds but it would be a disaster for them if she left.

Feel there’s a big turnaround in momentum here. Swifts are scoring very easily off their centre passes, while Firebirds are suddenly finding it very difficult to score. A couple of poor Firebirds errors and Swifts are right back in this now.

Firebirds 58-55

D-fencr
                                Participant

Firebirds just losing their heads a bit this last quarter. Can they hold on? Feeds to Wallam back to being 2023esque.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 133 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top