2022 QUAD SERIES (Jan) – Eng/Aus/NZ/SA

2022 QUAD SERIES (Jan) – Eng/Aus/NZ/SA2022-12-12T20:00:07+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Very physical game.

Diamonds should rest Watson in the fourth. Wearing two bodies play after play. Give Wood a chance at WA.

Price looks more comfortable feeding this circle. Some lovely off circle feeds.

Really good stop by Klau and Aryang to stay clean, mot give away a penalty and prevent the final goal by England.

al_ex
      Participant

Price has a great connection with Garbin. She fed her well against RSA and has been pinpoint today. I’d also rest Watson, Hadley was good at WA against RSA and Wood should be trialled in at WA.

Housby really does come in and out of games. Very quiet today. England doesn’t really have much depth through that attacking midcourt.

3/4 time: Aus 38-32

Bruce and Francis-Bayman the only two who haven’t got on court so far.

al_ex
          Participant

Outstanding last quarter from Drakeford-Lewis and Housby. I think the WA backup that Drakeford-Lewis provides should push her into the 12 for CWG, it’s more important for the Roses than a fourth GS option.

Garbin played so well but that last shot will haunt her. Bueta is an amazing player but she still has so many brain fades under pressure, she was the most expensive player per minute in SSN last season. Wood is so much safer bringing the ball through court.

Watson, Price and Moloney all shut down at the end there. It will be interesting to see which of Price and Moloney will be picked for the final.

Full time: 48-48

Australia threw the win away really. On top for most of the game, they really should have been able to close it out. They had numerous chances to seal it, but made so many mistakes.

Moloney had FIVE turnovers in 3 Qs at WD.

Betty
                  Participant

Not sure what was worse – the umpiring or the English commentary. Breaking, three seconds, 50-50 balls … when England needed a call they got it.
                    Only thing that kept them in the game.
                    The Diamonds will have to be perfect in the final.

NB12
                    Participant

Good point made by Liz, but I think she needs to acknowledge that they are going head to head tomorrow, and that these tests are all they have before the next major tournament.

Liz Watson is a machine, but she should have been rested in that final quarter.

NB12
                        Participant

Was Fisher being rested? Or did something happen against NZ?

Suzie123
                          Participant

That game was simultaneously so intense but frustrating to watch. Got really physical at the end and so many silly turnovers. Diamonds really needed someone to calm/steady the team in my opinion. Dont think the umpires controlled the physicality well + they had quite a few late or questionable calls throughout the game.

Wonder what the Diamonds will do tomorrow. Hadley is a must in the team for me. I like the Wood/Bueta shooting end, Bueta/Garbin pretty good too. Not sure what it was but Wood/Koenen didn’t seem to click like usual today. Not sure if I prefer JLP or Moloney, both had their share of turnovers and cheap penalties.

Tully
                            Participant

I do wish Wood had come on at WA for the final quarter. This was Watson’s second game in 12 months after major surgery and the final is tomorrow.

I would have preferred Bruce on at GD than GK. Didn’t think Klau was doing too much wrong but rather the contest ahead of her wasn’t there. Or even Braz on at WD but understand she has had a big load and deserved a rest.

Disappointing fade out for Australia. Hopefully they take their anger out tomorrow. Expect a different starting 7.

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod between Moloney and Price tomorrow. I would choose Price. More comfortable in attack and the backup C needs to be that. Braz and Weston can cover WD as can Price as well of course.

Still not convinced on this shooting foursome. I don’t really have a preference between Koenen and Garbin, just not sure I’d take both in the Comm Games team.

NB12
                              Participant

Neither Moloney or Price are really cutting it for me at this level. I felt a couple of times in this game, someone like Anstiss probably has a better attacking game and some more drive.

But overall, Braz is clearly the front runner at WD, Australia needs Proud to cover C and WA to give Watson a break.

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

I think you get plenty of solid WD cover without Moloney. I’d have Price in of her for the last match. Especially considering how costly she she was, a WD with 5 turnovers?!. Disappointed we didn’t get to see Wood play WA for a half. Very concerned with what could happen if Watson gets injured this season or if she gets burnt out at CWG. No legitimately tested backup.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 325 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top