SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t think Diamonds lost CWG or WC because of imports. Both teams we fielded were completely packed with incredible players. We were just out-coached in both grand finals

Looking forward – I think our future is in great hands and we have a lot of talent and depth in our SSN teams. Teams who are favouring imports are not being rewarded for their decisions on the leaderboard so I don’t think rules are required to manage that. The one exception is maybe our GS – but I think between Koeman, Bueta and Austin we will have the foundations for a super dynamic moving circle in the future.

Tully
      Participant

JR and now we have the Adelaide Lightning WNBL fiasco. The WNBL is playing in a hub in north QLD. Because Lightning left Adelaide after a certain date the QLD Government is now saying they need to quarantine. No matter they have already played two games!! They won their first two as well. What a horrible situation for Lightning.

But then we can have 52,000 at Suncorp for the men to play state of origin.

NettySuperFan
        Participant

I have a theory as to why the Tbirds signed Latanya Wilson. They obviously has someone in mind when they let Shimmin go, and I don’t think it would’ve been Garrett because I don’t think she was aware at that point she wouldn’t be recieving a contract at Magpies. Anyway, I reckon Sterling might have asked Obst about bringing in another Jamacian into the team. She has mentioned many times over the last couple of years that she is very homesick, and has a couple of bad experiences here in Australia with some people being racist towards her. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sterling only agreed to continuing playing for Tbirds if Obst brought in another Jamaican, particularly since Guscoth was leaving and Sterling seemed the closest with her. Otherwise, I really don’t understand her signing. I’m all for imports in the SSN, and am really exciting that Wilson will get an oppurtunity. But there are simply better options for the Tbirds out there, including Shimmin who they let go, which is why I think there is more to her signing then we may think.

She’s a good player. I reckon she’ll do well. With Sterling there, winning ball has never really been their problem though. It’s converting it into goals at the other end.

NettySuperFan
            Participant

Oh, I agree she’s a good player, I’ve seen her play before and have been impressed. I believe she is more than capable of playing at SSN level. I was more thinking of it from the Tbirds perspective. Wilson isn’t top of list of defenders that were unsigned. Shimmin really was top of list, but other players such as Facey, Fran Williams, Dehaney, Brandley could’ve all be potential candidates.

aqua301
              Participant

Firebirds Coach announced tomorrow 7am AEST

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by aqua301.
                aqua301
                Participant

I’m hoping it’s Clare Ferguson (Mcmenniman)

NettySuperFan
                  Participant

To me, it kinda looks like Katie Walker who was the assistant coach last year. I was really hoping for LA but the silhouette looks nothing like her…unless there using it to throw us off.

K2
                    Participant

I love Ferguson. I always considered her the most underrated player – she really only got the shine she deserved in the last year or two of her career. My only query about her being coach would be the fact that she is so close off court with some of the girls in the team. I am sure they are all professional enough to manage around that but still may make it harder to make tough calls around Bueta, Aiken, Simpson etc.

Tayla Honey ended up going to Casey Demons in the VNL.

Zara Collings
                        Participant

Swifts have announced Sophie Craig won’t be playing with them next year. I doubt she would move clubs too.

I’m really hoping cob moves back to swifts as a middie tp now!

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

So maybe Craig is done at SSN level? I doubt Cobden would join as she has signed for the English league and a TP position wouldn’t be that attractive if she has a contract elsewhere

T-BirdsAreGo
                            Participant

I wonder if Craig is having a baby? :unsure:

James
                              Participant

Craig would have been good as a TP again. Maybe she is going to Giants?
                                Anderson would be a good replacement as a TP for Swifts

al_ex
                                Participant

Anderson has retired, COB is moving to NZL to pursue her netball there.

I think Craig might be stepping away from the sport. I can’t imagine the Swifts wouldn’t have wanted her back as a TP and I doubt she’d hop ship to the Giants when they have WDs everywhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top