2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)2019-11-07T11:45:08+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • Author

SA v Eng Test 1

3/4 time: SA 40-39

A big comeback from the Proteas in that quarter, winning it 17-11. The half time changes had very different results for both sides. Not sure Haythornthwaite should be in GA. Will there be more changes heading into the last Q?

SA v Eng Test 1

It’s a draw! 51-51. A bit of confusion, but we’re off to extra time.

England seemed to be playing the ball around on their last possession trying to use up time, but they took too long and it meant that Cardwell’s shot was under pressure.

SA v Eng Test 1

After extra time: Eng 63-58

In the end, England just held it together better in extra time and came away with a solid win in an exciting game. My player of the match… no doubt Fran Williams. Great performance.

Seriously, how good is netball???

Jinxibo
          Participant

Ian, thanks for finishing that off, I had to pop out too.

Have to admit i thought SA would win. The ball was going to the SA circle a lot easier than the Roses.

Agree with you about Fran Williams. She stepped up when she was needed during extra time.

Malcolm at WA was wrong, her feeding was poor, it was either too slow or to hard. I like Nat P at C but she kept setting up on the circle edge for GD or GK to pick off the pass.

Shooting hmm…GA, Corbin was wasteful and Nat H was poor. Cardwell was solid. Overall the shooting percentage should have been higher and that would have won the game in normal time

Roll on game 2

Bluebird
            Participant

All those shots of the crowd, really poor TV direction. Next world cup is going to be painful to watch if it’s anything like tonight.

I don’t think bringing Corbin off made any difference. She’s been o
              Playing with Fisher all season so I would have liked to see that combo.

Malcom on as WA is just dreadful. Do we really not have any young WA that could have been included to gain experience? The whole squad including training partners is defence heavy. Too many WD and only one WA! I would love to know what Tamsin Greenway’s England squad would have looked like.

JR
              Participant

Seriously, how good is netball???

Really good!

How fantastic to be able to watch these games.

Ash72
                Participant

That was painful to watch but my observations are as follows:
                  1. Thirlby has nothing new to offer us-her choice to play Malcolm at WA was obviously based on her relationship with Cardwell at Severn Stars-but Malcolm was a C there! Laura did some good stuff but she just isn’t a WA. I would have preferred to see a new WA developed as it has been a problematic area for us for yonks!
                  2. Corbin: blah blah blah when will it end?
                  3. We really need to get Fisher and Drakeford-Lewis on court in the next game: the sooner they get used to this pressure the better.
                  4. Glad to see Williams (whom I have always rated very highly) show how good she is and how far she still can go.
                  5. Happy to see Cardwell (who I have always doubted as a shooter) have a solid game.
                  6. Jade Clarke is surely up there with Langman as an ever reliable amazing player who just does her job!
                  7. Glad to see Francis back-she is like Guthrie in her ability to pull out great intercepts at crucial moments.
                  8. Haythornthwaite is best at WA (unless she’s playing GA to a dominant GS which improves her GA game: eg Harten or Dunn).
                  9. Was good to see Panagarry at C: she had a good solid game.
                  10. South Africa played really well and we were lucky to win. Potgeiter and Van der Merwe were excellent.

Jinxibo
                  Participant

Ash, Jade same level as Langman??? not during this game

Jinxibo
                    Participant

Game 2
                      Roses starting 7

Cardwell
                      Corbin
                      Nat H
                      Jadey
                      Malcolm
                      Williams
                      Francis

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Game 2
                        South Africa
                        Potgieter
                        Rademan
                        Msomi
                        Griesel
                        Chawane
                        Van der Merwe
                        Maweni

The SA coach has admitted she didn’t realise there would be extra time if the score was level at the end of the game 😐
                        She hadn’t checked the rules. TNev has backed her saying it is usual in a 3 test series

Jinxibo
                          Participant

QTR 1

South Africa 12 England 16

Roses making better use of turnover ball otherwise a very even game. Malcolm looking much better at WD

Jinxibo
                            Participant

SA change Sigi B on at GS and Lenise out to GA

Ash72
                              Participant

Hahaha I jinxed her with that observation?
                                Yeah she’s made a few feeding mistakes today but in her defence our attack end is very frantic. I’d prefer Panagarry at C alongside Haythornthwaite (as they’ve played together for years) with Clarke at WD….but I still think Jade is generally pretty solid for us (and at least she passes the ball to “any” shooter?).

SA v Eng Test 2

1/2 time: Eng 29-27

Not sure what SA was doing there. No time awareness & they wasted a centre pass with just a few seconds left! Anyway we’ve got another good one. We’ve had a few changes including SA resorting to twin talls. Eng just shading it so far

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top