Ian HarkinModeratorNovember 29, 2019 at 6:08 pmPost count: 3542
SA v Eng Test 1
3/4 time: SA 40-39
A big comeback from the Proteas in that quarter, winning it 17-11. The half time changes had very different results for both sides. Not sure Haythornthwaite should be in GA. Will there be more changes heading into the last Q?Ian HarkinModeratorNovember 29, 2019 at 6:29 pmPost count: 3542
SA v Eng Test 1
It’s a draw! 51-51. A bit of confusion, but we’re off to extra time.
England seemed to be playing the ball around on their last possession trying to use up time, but they took too long and it meant that Cardwell’s shot was under pressure.Ian HarkinModeratorNovember 29, 2019 at 6:48 pmPost count: 3542
SA v Eng Test 1
After extra time: Eng 63-58
In the end, England just held it together better in extra time and came away with a solid win in an exciting game. My player of the match… no doubt Fran Williams. Great performance.
Seriously, how good is netball???JinxiboParticipantNovember 29, 2019 at 8:16 pmPost count: 276
Ian, thanks for finishing that off, I had to pop out too.
Have to admit i thought SA would win. The ball was going to the SA circle a lot easier than the Roses.
Agree with you about Fran Williams. She stepped up when she was needed during extra time.
Malcolm at WA was wrong, her feeding was poor, it was either too slow or to hard. I like Nat P at C but she kept setting up on the circle edge for GD or GK to pick off the pass.
Shooting hmm…GA, Corbin was wasteful and Nat H was poor. Cardwell was solid. Overall the shooting percentage should have been higher and that would have won the game in normal time
Roll on game 2BluebirdParticipantNovember 29, 2019 at 10:07 pmPost count: 53
All those shots of the crowd, really poor TV direction. Next world cup is going to be painful to watch if it’s anything like tonight.
I don’t think bringing Corbin off made any difference. She’s been o
Playing with Fisher all season so I would have liked to see that combo.
Malcom on as WA is just dreadful. Do we really not have any young WA that could have been included to gain experience? The whole squad including training partners is defence heavy. Too many WD and only one WA! I would love to know what Tamsin Greenway’s England squad would have looked like.JRParticipantNovember 29, 2019 at 10:32 pmPost count: 269
Seriously, how good is netball???
How fantastic to be able to watch these games.Ash72ParticipantNovember 29, 2019 at 11:49 pmPost count: 29
That was painful to watch but my observations are as follows:
1. Thirlby has nothing new to offer us-her choice to play Malcolm at WA was obviously based on her relationship with Cardwell at Severn Stars-but Malcolm was a C there! Laura did some good stuff but she just isn’t a WA. I would have preferred to see a new WA developed as it has been a problematic area for us for yonks!
2. Corbin: blah blah blah when will it end?
3. We really need to get Fisher and Drakeford-Lewis on court in the next game: the sooner they get used to this pressure the better.
4. Glad to see Williams (whom I have always rated very highly) show how good she is and how far she still can go.
5. Happy to see Cardwell (who I have always doubted as a shooter) have a solid game.
6. Jade Clarke is surely up there with Langman as an ever reliable amazing player who just does her job!
7. Glad to see Francis back-she is like Guthrie in her ability to pull out great intercepts at crucial moments.
8. Haythornthwaite is best at WA (unless she’s playing GA to a dominant GS which improves her GA game: eg Harten or Dunn).
9. Was good to see Panagarry at C: she had a good solid game.
10. South Africa played really well and we were lucky to win. Potgeiter and Van der Merwe were excellent.JinxiboParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 12:18 pmPost count: 276
Ash, Jade same level as Langman??? not during this gameJinxiboParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 12:52 pmPost count: 276
Roses starting 7
FrancisJinxiboParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 1:00 pmPost count: 276
Van der Merwe
The SA coach has admitted she didn’t realise there would be extra time if the score was level at the end of the game :-|
She hadn’t checked the rules. TNev has backed her saying it is usual in a 3 test seriesJinxiboParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 1:18 pmPost count: 276
South Africa 12 England 16
Roses making better use of turnover ball otherwise a very even game. Malcolm looking much better at WDJinxiboParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 1:24 pmPost count: 276
SA change Sigi B on at GS and Lenise out to GAAsh72ParticipantNovember 30, 2019 at 1:42 pmPost count: 29
Hahaha I jinxed her with that observation😁
Yeah she’s made a few feeding mistakes today but in her defence our attack end is very frantic. I’d prefer Panagarry at C alongside Haythornthwaite (as they’ve played together for years) with Clarke at WD….but I still think Jade is generally pretty solid for us (and at least she passes the ball to “any” shooter😂).Ian HarkinModeratorNovember 30, 2019 at 1:42 pmPost count: 3542
SA v Eng Test 2
1/2 time: Eng 29-27
Not sure what SA was doing there. No time awareness & they wasted a centre pass with just a few seconds left! Anyway we’ve got another good one. We’ve had a few changes including SA resorting to twin talls. Eng just shading it so far
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.