2024 SSN ROUND 2

2024 SSN ROUND 22024-04-18T23:44:47+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Vixens win 54-53!!!

What a crazy game.

Here’s a stat… While Vixens scored 8 super shots, Thunderbirds didn’t score a single one during the game. They just had two unsuccessful attempts and once again seemed reluctant to go for them.

D-fencr
      Participant

Vixens just a much calmer and more methodical team at the end there.

We all know Romelda is inches from retirement and can’t be in the long term plans for Tbirds. I’m not confident Austin is ready to be a starter next year though. Not sure what the answer is there.

tina_138
        Participant

Someone like Mary Cholok (spelling) would be a good score..

Tully
          Participant

So proud of Vixens especially Walters. Although I’m not surprised at how well she has stepped up to this level, she was born for it. Such a tough match up against Wilson then had a brilliant final quarter under pressure. So calm.

If Mundy is back then my preferred midcourt is Moloney – Mundy – Walters. Walters – Mundy could be the combination for the next decade. I’d start Eddy in GD. Use Weston in both GK and GD.

TBirds are definitely missing Cardwell. But it is more than that, I’m personally not sold on Scherian. I’d like to see them bring Orr in. I actually want Austin to get more court time. I can’t see them going back to back with Romelda in GS. The top teams are so threatening at the super shot and it’s the Austin – Horjus combination that can deliver that. They need to work out what has happened to Austin’s confidence and for the feeders to work to put her in the right spots.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Tully.
            TB
            Participant

Walter’s is a gun! Mundy has some competition there.

Tully
              Participant

Long term I think Mundy will be C. The opportunity came at Vixens at WA initially but as a junior Mundy played a lot of C and also WD. She is a bigger stronger athlete than Walters. Walters is more short, sharp and lots of changes of directions whereas Mundy has longer leads and is more explosive.

I love it when youth is backed in. More often than not it pays off.

Tully
                Participant

The player that’s impressing me is Ellis. I always thought Ellis was an incredible athlete, so tall and strong. Physically imposing. She was a bit hit and miss in preseason but has been great first two games. The work with Norder is paying off. Can see why Vixens preferred her to Lewis. They haven’t had an athlete this size since Dehaney left and it does give them a different option.

Stoj
                  Participant

I agree Tully. I’ve never been a big fan of Ellis in her time in SSN, but these last two games have been great. Let’s hope she can keep this sort of performance up – Diamonds are going to need fresh defensive blood soon.

D-fencr
                      Participant

Gosh those flashing lights at RAC arena don’t look pleasant.

Fever leads 20-17 at 1/4 time. They threatened to run right away with things, but three super shots brought Lightning back into it.

6 turnovers in the first Q from Lightning. Just 3 from Fever.

Halfway through the second Q and Fever leads 29-24. Lightning has now used all 10 players in an effort to close the gap.

Oh dear, Steph Fretwell is down. It looks like a foot/ankle injury. She’s assisted off the court and Reilley Batcheldor comes on to replace her. Fever leads by 8.

1/2 time: Fever 37-26

A dominant first half from Fever, with seemingly nothing going right for Lightning, including their captain going down with injury. Fever strong all over the court, but Sunday Aryang in particular is having a cracker of a game.

D-fencr
                                Participant

Aryang literally does the splits during a contest. That’s not something you’ll see every day! Comes off but looks okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top