2024 SSN ROUND 2

2024 SSN ROUND 22024-04-18T23:44:47+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Steph Fretwell is back on the bench, in good spirits, seemingly ready to go if required.

Meanwhile, Sunday Aryang has just done the splits! Unintentionally. She’s been replaced, but she seems okay, just laughing it off more than anything.

Fever 42-31

Maryann
      Participant

A bit late with this question – please excuse me but I had a knee replacement Monday so a bit slow – has Crampton had any court time as a TP the last two weeks? Seen her playing for the Stars again today.

Fretwell is back on, at GS, limping slightly. And she’s up against Aryang who’s also back on at GK!

Fever maintaining a lead of 12 and seemingly looking in control.

tina_138
          Participant

With such a big lead, would love to see Wilkinson on court!

Full time: Fever 81-56

Fever has certainly sent a big message to the rest of the competition. They were in control from very early on and ran right away with this. This game was a perfect mixture of great play from them, and very ordinary play from Lightning.

A great team effort, but Sunday Aryang is a very well deserved player of the match. She was just outstanding. Seven gains, including six intercepts.

Fever’s NNP was more than double that of Lightning, and the turnover count was 21-10 against the visitors.

A fast start from Swifts. They lead 20-12 at 1/4 time. It’s the Hadley and Housby show so far. Rolene Streutker now comes on at GS for Mavericks.

Lili Gorman-Brown is on now for Maddy Proud. Meanwhile, Housby just seemed to roll her ankle. She’s continuing on, but hobbling slightly. Swifts lead by 8.

1/2 time: Swifts 37-23

Swifts superstar Helen Housby is at it again, nailing those super shots.

Fun fact: Housby hasn’t missed a super shot attempt since the 3rd Q of last year’s grand final. She’s now scored 17 super shots in a row without a miss.

Andrew Kennedy
                        Participant

Okay now that I’m actually typing in the correct thread, one thing super noticeable is the lack of shooter-to-shooter connections with Cardwell and Streutker. Rolene isn’t having the best day (6/7 and 3 turnovers in one quarter), but Cardwell has zero goal assists (whole first half), at least Sinclair had 4 assists, it worked better in that respect.

schmeetle
                          Participant

@Maryann As a TP Crampton can’t get on court in the SSN unless there is an injury/illness to a player in the contracted 11.

(My understanding of the rules, anyway)

TB
                            Participant

Mavericks need to bring Jok into the 10 for the next game.

Andrew Kennedy
                              Participant

Love the biffo with Housby niggilng Jenner.

All the Swifts simply pay more attention to consistently fast feet. This is what coaches tell young players, keep your feet moving. They consistently are ready in both attack and defence and by being snappy on the beginning of the lead, they look as though the receipt of the ball was pretty effortless. Not all of it is prelims.

Mavs are not slow, but they do look it against Swifts. Knowing the playing style of Avellino I’m sure there would be relentless insistence on repeated short efforts and dodging, moreso than jumping and fending off your opposition, we’re seeing a great example of this today.

Andrew Kennedy
                                Participant

I know the Netpoints will say something different, but Klau is currently my MVP, the way she has curbed the influence of Cardwell is really something special.

Parmy was looking tired/beaten for sections of that Q. 48-36.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top