2023 SSN ROUND 2

2023 SSN ROUND 22023-03-23T21:47:04+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am confused by this 120 minute time slot rule.

So the game was delayed an hour. Was it an exact 60 minute delay? If so that only ever left 60 minutes to complete the game, what about injury time, time outs, time for mopping court, blood time and the obvious quarter / half breaks? What would they done if overtime was needed?

So if that is the case why did they start the match?

Can’t help but think this was a lucky escape for Swifts. TBirds had put their best line up on and had all the momentum.

StatsNerd21
      Participant

This is an absolute farce and unfair to everybody, really wish it had been planned better. What a shame! 🙁

D-fencr
        Participant

I believe the integrity office (?) who appeared on the broadcast said they extended the game timeslot by an hour (?) because of the original delay, but the power outage meant they couldn’t complete it even within that extended timeframe.

Agree Tully, lots of people on social media seem to think Swifts were hard done by and would have had it in the bag, but I think the Tbirds lineup in the second quarter would have pulled through and won it.

No Tully, as I understood it, they delayed the start by an hour, THEN they had 120 minutes from there, and with the power going off, they weren’t going to be able to complete it in the 120 mins.

blondebomb
            Participant

What would they have done if the scores weren’t level?

JR
              Participant

blondebomb – on another netty forum they are saying the SSN rules are it’s a draw regardless of the score.

Yes, I’m 99.999999% certain that even if one team was ahead, it would have been called a draw. I think the rule is that if they don’t get back out on court for the second half, it’s a draw, no matter the score. It happened back in 2008 in the ANZ Championship. Fever was leading Pulse comfortably when they stopped a game at half time due to a leaking roof and players slipping on the court. The match was called a draw and Fever understandably weren’t happy.

If you want my conspiracy theory, I think they were very happy that the score was 25-25, as that made the decision to abandon the game as a draw much easier for them as neither team could say they were robbed of a win.

NB12
                  Participant

Yes, Fever coach at the time, Sue Gaudion was not happy. I’ll be interested to hear her thoughts on last nights shambles today.

Tully
                    Participant

Thanks Ian.

Still think it was a farce. I’d probably be less harsh had there not been the court issue as well after all power is not in their control. But it just presents like a comedy of errors. Also not a great comparison to the Gabba who despite being a much larger stadium were able to get their match finished.

Participant

I guess I maybe understand a draw decision back prior to 2022. However, haven’t we decided that the comp will no longer have a draw as a result in a regular game? The players must now play on through a sequence of events to create a “winner” to avoid this exact score line? I wonder if this is still a fair result given there will be no other draws this season?

Participant

Sorry separate question and hope it’s ok to ask here.

If I watch Kayo on my phone app, I can pause it and come back to the exact place I stopped the play. But if I watch on my tv, it keeps asking me if I want to go back to the start if I’ve turned off the tv or husband has changed channels. I have kids and watching sport with them means stopping and starting constantly. The phone allows this over a series of hours or days but not the tv. Any insight?

Action packed start with some stumbles and fumbles. It’s clear how much Giants missed Harten and Hay last week as they currently have the 2 highest NNP scores on the court. Giants lead 11-10 after 9 1/2 minutes as we go to a timeout.

D-fencr
                                Participant

Giants looking much improved now they have a legit WA playing in Hay, some nice feeds going into the circle.

I feel a bit bad but I just can’t get around the Fever. I know they are legitimately a good team and will probably go back-to-back, but the tall holding shooter style just doesn’t excite me. And I am always glad to have Bruce on the Diamonds but I don’t love watching her when she’s not on my team, haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top