2021 SSN ROUND 1

2021 SSN ROUND 12021-05-01T00:48:52+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Kelsey Browne is bringing so much to this Magpies attack. They look so much more patient and dynamic it’s exciting!

amyrmy
      Participant

I feel like Kelsey Browne is copping a lot of knocks, wonder if that’s the plan? Nelson has improved a great deal.

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

I can’t move past the fact that the teams are back to 10.
          They completely scrapped the ANL week in week out style competition and that’s a massive blow for the development of younger players. This is going to be hard to watch, so many great players are going to miss out on their development this year. This is a step back, not forward.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

Have to say, love the new feature on Netball Live that lets viewers continue watching the matches outside of the app. Good on them for getting with what’s expected.

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

Diamonds selection for the attack end is going to be intense this year. With Tippett and Wood (who is looking pretty great) back in the mix, you have to think there’s gonna be some hard decisions.

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

Sinclair called for a held ball but while she was tinkering with the three seconds it shouldn’t have been called because she was waiting for the pole to stop shaking after Shimmin shaked it… interesting call. On that note, I’m very happy to see Shimmin at Lightning, become very fond of her in the last few seasons, always a cracker to watch.

SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 67 def COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 56

Magpies:
                  Nelson 39/43 (91%)
                  Sinclair 10/18 (56%)
                  McCollin 2/2 (100%)
                  TOTAL 51/63 (81%)

Super shots 5/10 (Sinclair 4/9)
                  Assists 46 (Browne 17)
                  Gains 11 (Ward 6)

Lightning:
                  Koenan 38/44 (86%)
                  Wood 20/24 (83%)
                  Proscovia 6/6 (100%)
                  TOTAL 64/74 (87%)

Super shots 3/5 (Wood 2/3)
                  Assists 61 (Scherian 22)
                  Gains 15 (Maweni 5)

Penalties: Magpies 47-39
                  Turnovers: Magpies 20-16

MVP: Steph Wood (Lightning)

caribou
                  Participant

Interfering with the post by a defender is (now) only a penalty if it causes a shot to miss. No shot taken inside three seconds = no shot missed = no penalty. (And in any case, I’m not sure the defender interfered with the post rather than being knocked into it by her opponent.)

Participant

That seems dodgy to me!

TheBroadbean
                      Participant

It wasn’t so much the post for me, it was Pretorius landing on her which I thought was what she was waiting for the call for!

It was a bit odd.

I did laugh when the commentators said how good Nelson’s hands were after she had fumbled her first 2 passes. I did like McCollin but wonder if she is going to be just put on for the super shot?

Hope she’s not going to be another Venter in that case. Speaking of which, I watched a Superleague game last week where Venter put up more Super Shots than she did all last season.

nettymc
                            Participant

Does anyone know what the go is with the 9 coverage this year? Went to watch the pre and post game commentary for the vixens game on 9Now and it’s non-existent, starts with the girls running on, ends with the whistle.. :unsure:

al_ex
                              Participant

I personally rate McCollin much higher than Sinclair so it was quite surprising to see her play for all of three minutes. Especially when even Nelson wasn’t exactly dominating and McCollin shot well in the period she was on. I wonder if we’ll see more of her at GA in coming weeks.

cookiesnjam
                                Participant

Hi, does anyone know if there will be full match replays for the MagpiesvsLightning game on the 9 website? I normally would see it but for some reason, I can’t find it this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 156 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top